Advanced stats website with game by game data?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
Thanks for these. Sorry, but how do you get puckalytics to display game by game data? So far I can only get it to display averages and season totals.

thats the only one i could find.

war on ice i believe had every event possible scrapping from nhl.com (if you can work with the data directly its here http://blog.war-on-ice.com/sharing-is-caring/)

http://www.nicetimeonice.com/ actually used war-on-ice

maybe others will know some sites with archived game event data

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
www.hockeystats.ca is good. Even makes charts and whatnot as the games are in progress.

It doesn't go too in-depth. Just gives basic Corsi/Fenwick/Shift charts/etc. Nothing too advanced in terms of #fancystats.

The other sites listed above have more in-depth material.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Thanks a lot for the sites guys. There's a lot of data available, but it looks like I'll have to either work with the war on ice data myself, or write my own scraping algorithm to get exactly what I want.

lumiKone

Aug 6, 2016
Helsinki
corsica.hockey has great stats and is very user-friendly but lacks both the opponents and the game results..

Is there a site where I could download the "advanced" stats including the game result for each game for several past season? Aggregated stats seem easier to find.

If no such site exists in the universe is there a site which has the stats in a scrape-friendly form?

My main interest is building an algorithm for predicting games. First start with something very simple and then later add more advanced stuff in the model.

I have some skills in R and machine learning but I am interested in learning more. Still very unsure if I should build a database or just stick with a "regular" data frame. I have been reading tons (read: tens) of threads here but still have not found a lot of information on building algorithms for predicting games. So tips on that area are also very welcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad