adult league hockey price for stick

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
maybe he just isn;t good enough to know what the difference is

That's not necessary.
they actually are...the guy that owns the company used to work for easton. the only difference is instead of it being wrapped in kevlar theres no protection in it so they're kind of weak. I'm not kidding you, you can doubt me all you want but until you use one and compare them you'll never know. We have and we like the blue ice more.

I don't recall the Nano having an elliptical taper, being made of carbon as opposed to graphite, having a ribbed blade or a dual blade core...hmm might as well say that the S19 is the exact same stick as an 11K or a Vapor XXXX :handclap:

I have no problem with your preference of the Nano Pro over the S19, but please don't spew crap about them being the same :sarcasm:

Kids these days...

r3cc0s

Mar 7, 2011
these days its tough what to know... as I'm sure all brands must OEM sticks out to China, who have manufacturers that either have copied a model and have made simular sticks

i.e. thread on the Hockey Tron sticks... like Kynetic, or Blue Ice sticks..

that being said, I have tried a Ballistik stick, but I don't think its a chinese stick, maybe a small company (Combat maybe?). It was a "fine" stick

I'm actually not sure whether RBK or Bauer has their own NA facility like Easton or Warrior (former Montreal) would.

at the end of the day, play with what you want... its you that makes the difference

"IF" I could get a top of the line perfomring graphite stick from some no-name for what it should be worth.. i.e. $50 I would give it a go, but hell no am I going to spend $150 for a Hockey Tront stick, when I can get a T90 for that price.

That being said, Winwell do have a full graphite stick I tried a while back, with a low kick point that was light and I think was at the $100 price point. I'm sure its also oem'd to China as well... I've seen them go for $60 on sale at Source for sports

much like in the other Thread regarding "tron" hockey... chinese replica elbow and shin pad's I'm willing to try, cause they are literially a fractional the cost of what they say they compare to.

Last edited:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Just about all sticks are made in China or Mexico. Doesn't really matter. Saves us money when we buy them.

High end sticks can be half the weight of low end, are better balanced, have better feel, and can kick back a lot quicker and harder. If you're Ryan Smyth and stand in front of the net and knock in rebounds, it probably won't matter. But if you're Steve Stamkos and blast wristers and one timers, it's going to make a big difference.

Technique > Technology, but that doesn't mean Technology doesn't make a difference.

r3cc0s

Mar 7, 2011
Just about all sticks are made in China or Mexico. Doesn't really matter. Saves us money when we buy them.

High end sticks can be half the weight of low end, are better balanced, have better feel, and can kick back a lot quicker and harder. If you're Ryan Smyth and stand in front of the net and knock in rebounds, it probably won't matter. But if you're Steve Stamkos and blast wristers and one timers, it's going to make a big difference.

Technique > Technology, but that doesn't mean Technology doesn't make a difference.

though I agree... I think we're talking at a highly competitive level, and even at that... its not like stamkos would lose his timing or his shot technique with a woodie.

but for most of us non-contact adult league players, or heck anything below JrA or midget AAA, I don't think a Easton RS would be substantially better than a S17 or S19
Same with the APX vs X:60 or XXXX or TotalOne vs One95

yesterday at Shinny, an old guy, who obviously played at some high level, was just tearing everyone apart playing with literially a TPS response 1 stick
He was using way oldschool tackla 1052 pro skates and could skate the pants off of a couple kids playing Jr. A wearing the latest Graf and APX skates and both using U+ pro sticks

its still your brain and your hands, not the stick that does the work

Stickmata

Aug 30, 2011
I'm an average player with an average shot and a garage full of many of the different sticks made by Easton. I've found no difference whatsoever in durability between the cheapies and the expensive ones, but I have found that I play better with the lighter, top of the line models and have much better feel for the puck with them. I take a lot of slap shots and generally abuse my stick and I've never broken an S19, nor have I ever seen anyone on any of my teams break their S17s or S19s. Don't understand all these stories about S19s snapping all the time.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Doesn't have to be a highly competitive level though. Anyone with half decent technique can benefit from a lighter, better balanced stick, with better feel, and quicker release.

And balance/weight throws off timing immensely. 2-piece sticks have weight concentrated far below the bottom hand which causes a lag in my timing when I take quick shots. My X60 (with a wood plug) has weight that's so close to the bottom hand it feels weightless and there is no lag in the release.

I've used probably 30 sticks and I definitely prefer the lighter sticks over heavier for the quick release.

Also, you're talking about newer vs older high end models, where there won't be as much difference. I'm talking about something like an APX vs an X:20, which has a lot of differences:
- 417 vs 587 grams
- true one piece vs fused two piece
- full graphite vs fiberglass
- dual engineered kickpoints vs one (or zero)
- dual density foam core vs single density crap blade

Last edited:

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
I don't by expensive sticks anymore. I used to have the top of the line, two/three-hundred dollar twigs but now I just by something decent for around a hundred bucks. For me it doesn't really make much of a difference. Once I get used to a stick and curve I really don't care how light it is.

You can be just as good with a $100 stick as a $300 stick.

Knight

Oct 7, 2010
So I'm a scrub, started playing in October, and I bought the HM mystery stick pack seeing as I have no experience with sticks. I'm a fast skater (started skating well before Oct.), and I have a decent wrist shot. I still can't get the hang of slap shots...

Anyways, I received a Warrior Bandito 100 flex, Kovalev curve, and a Reebok 8.0.8 85 flex Hamrlik curve

Any ideas to which one is better/better suited for a scrub like me? Thanks!

Kulluminati

Jan 20, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
There's only two items I never cheap out on, skates and sticks. Recently bought the vapor apx stick, looking into new skates as well (EQ50's possibly).

EDIT: typed wrong skate

Last edited:

hyster110

Mar 21, 2011
There's only two items I never cheap out on, skates and sticks. Recently bought the vapor apx stick, looking into new skates as well (EQ5's possibly).

i hope you were meaning to type EQ50s cause those would be the only skates i would get from easton

i am personally looking at a pair of APX skates

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
So I'm a scrub, started playing in October, and I bought the HM mystery stick pack seeing as I have no experience with sticks. I'm a fast skater (started skating well before Oct.), and I have a decent wrist shot. I still can't get the hang of slap shots...

Anyways, I received a Warrior Bandito 100 flex, Kovalev curve, and a Reebok 8.0.8 85 flex Hamrlik curve

Any ideas to which one is better/better suited for a scrub like me? Thanks!
The 8.0.8 was a top-of-the-line stick so it should perform better than the Bandito. As to the curve, it's up to you to find which you like better. The flex should be approximately half your body weight but again, it's a bit of personal preference there too.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I can't play with wooden sticks just because they seem to break much more often than composites, which I find funny because everybody complains that composites break way more often than wood in the NHL.

That being said, I usually get the cheapest composite sticks I can from Hockey Monkey. I usually go with clearance sticks that cost $40-60 each. I have used a couple higher end sticks but didn't find the added cost worth it.

r3cc0s

Mar 7, 2011
yesterday for fun, I played with a PMP 9950

compared to the ST, its heavier and has no kick point (just where your bottom hand goes)
It loads nicely and is still quick for snappers

The feel is still second to none, but the ST has a really nice blade feel for a composit
Feel is way better than my RM19

but the weight? It actually can be fatiguing, just skating around with it... you feel it in your forearms and even your shoulders lol
I didn't think the weight would be a concern, but yea... even with a guy like me, who skates 4 times a week and lifts... you really can notice the added weight

Kulluminati

Jan 20, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
but the weight? It actually can be fatiguing, just skating around with it... you feel it in your forearms and even your shoulders lol
I didn't think the weight would be a concern, but yea... even with a guy like me, who skates 4 times a week and lifts... you really can notice the added weight

totally agree, using a lower end stick that weighs alot then switching to a high end stick, the most notable difference is the weight. I feel it alot in my wrists too, you don't move the stick around as quick, especially if your in a situation where your trying to use one hand, the wrist gets so sore so fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad