Adult Hockey Tournaments

Jerry Lundegaard

Sutter for Captain
Jan 3, 2010
Connecticut
Hey everyone,

Anyone have experience with Tournaments? I've been googling this topic, but wanted to get some opinions from people here. I'm looking to register as an individual and need reccommendations.

Ive looked at weekend warriors site and canlan or something like that...any help would be appreciated.

Puckboy

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I am not sure if there are any tournaments out there where an individual can join. The norm is that you enter a team. I play in about 4-5 a year and I have never seen individual entries.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
They have some informal sort of tournaments held for adults in my area... usually during long weekends in the summer.

I signed up for one as an individual for our Victoria Day long weekend, but woke up with a massive headache on the day-of and never showed.

From what I've heard, most sign up as a full team, or as a small group willing to take on stragglers. Usually the groups + stragglers and pure individuals make up their own teams (based on numbers) while the teams stick together.

The rules are a little wonky though.... there are no slapshots, and you can only register one goal per game for your team. I'm considering it to work on my backward skating/defensive play.

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
California Hockey Productions

you might want to look this group up. they hold tourneys in Las Vegas, Arizona, and maybe another city. The Vegas tourneys are a blast, especially if you hang out with the team and run around Vegas together.

i went to 5 tourneys from 1994 to 1999, missing 95. in 1996 we won our flight and became the first team from the Bay Area to win a championship.

1996 Oakland Cardinals. won that day, will live together forever LOL

adaminnj

Leafs out = SPRING!
Feb 6, 2009
NJ
Hey everyone,

Anyone have experience with Tournaments? I've been googling this topic, but wanted to get some opinions from people here. I'm looking to register as an individual and need reccommendations.

Ive looked at weekend warriors site and canlan or something like that...any help would be appreciated.

How are you looking to play in a tournament as a one player team? :))

Are you actually asking about leagues?

Canlan has the ASHL which you can register s an "individual" for a team in the league and then on the team you can ask your team mates to play tournaments.

I'm playing in an adult beginner instructional league in Pickering ON. at the moment through Chuck Dill and 4 luv of hockey.

depending where you are canlan ASHL can be a bit chippy at lower levels.

As for tournaments and "individual registration" never heard of it?

Last edited:

mooseOAK*

You can probably contact the tournament and register as an individual in case a team has injuries or guys can't make it at the last minute.

However, the point of tournaments is to go as a group and have a party.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
How are you looking to play in a tournament as a one player team? :))

Are you actually asking about leagues?

Canlan has the ASHL which you can register s an "individual" for a team in the league and then on the team you can ask your team mates to play tournaments.

I'm playing in an adult beginner instructional league in Pickering ON. at the moment through Chuck Dill and 4 luv of hockey.

depending where you are canlan ASHL can be a bit chippy at lower levels.

As for tournaments and "individual registration" never heard of it?

You should take a look at HockeyToronto... they have tournaments w/ individual registration. Your mileage may vary... their pickup hockey ranges from boatloads of fun to absolutely awful. Depends on who shows up, really... but everything is nicely run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad