Adult beginner hockey league

JScotti

Mar 28, 2011
I’ve been looking online for weeks and haven’t been able to find anything… I am looking for a beginner team/training ice hockey for adults in the Palm City/Stuart to West Palm Beach area (Florida). All I can seem to find is teams for people that already know how to play. I have never played, except for when I was younger for fun. I have really no experience with ice hockey, but I really want to learn how to play. Does anyone know of any ice hockey rinks around my area that will train adults?

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Well.. i guess no one is from south Florida ;/

I found something online called palmbeachiceworks.com.
They have a learn to skate class and open hockey. I didn't see any learn to play classes but maybe you can inquire about private lessons...

JScotti

Mar 28, 2011
Thank a lot, Could you or any one recommend me on learning to play ice hockey (btw i am 31 )

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Even though they don't have a league in South Florida, I'm going to write about Hockey North America which is fantastic for a beginner, they put you through a skills camp, and then assemble teams of all beginners to play against each other.

Just in case anybody else from other cities are looking for the same type of thing.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Thank a lot, Could you or any one recommend me on learning to play ice hockey (btw i am 31 )

I'm actually from northeast PA so I don't know but I'd make calls to all the rinks in your area and inquire about it. Being 31 doesn't mean anything; don't feel weird that you're not 6 learning how to play. It's all about love of the game and having fun.

TBLightningFan

Apr 20, 2004
Tampa
I just started playing about 2 years ago. I spent 6 months learning to skate and going to some clinics. I probably waited too long to join the league.

Go watch a beginner game and see what the skill level looks like. The staff at the rink will be able to tell you whether you are ready or not. Many beginner leagues are easy enough that as long as you can skate forward and stop, and fairly steady on your skates with a puck, you will be ok. Those leagues are designed to allow for you to learn while playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad