GDT: ADSF Game 3: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings| 7:30 PM Tuesday| NBCSN | FSD | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
[FIELDSET="Artwork"]
Artwork By FlashyG
[/FIELDSET]

yL4M2nQ.png
BeJlxb0.png

qMOvDi5.png
LcwUN0M.png

UXzHj2c.png
MiQtiN1.png

aThH8fJ.png
Ejlaath.png

dWLUK6O.png
OLJYnx7.png

lqfF2Zr.png
bpRZxkw.png

NiyAmEn.png
BHBj8Pw.png

AQRx498.png
Wgb0xCh.png

naNQLsG.png
aPZSkvR.png

KVXrExa.png
8zhU5hZ.png

Team Comparison:
BosHeader.jpg
| vs. |
WingsHeadercopy.jpg

2 | GP | 2
1 | Wins | 1
1 | Losses | 1
2.00 | G/G | 1.00
1.00 | GA/G | 2.00
40.0 | PP% | 0
100 | PK% | 60.0
9.0 | PIM/G | 8.0
27.0 | S/G | 29.5
29.5 | SA/G | 27.0
51.9 | FO% | 48.1

Team Leaders:
BosHeader.jpg
| vs. |
WingsHeadercopy.jpg

Zdeno Chara (1) | Goals | Pavel Datsyuk (1)
Torey Krug (2) | Assists | Johan Franzen (1)
Torey Krug (2) | Points | Pavel Datsyuk (1)
Loui Eriksson (+1) | +/- | Johan Franzen (+1)
Zdeno Chara (4) | PIM | Tomas Tatar (6)
Zdeno Chara (11) | Hits | Niklas Kronwall (7)
Johnny Boychuk (8) | Blocked Shots | Danny Dekeyser (3)
Carl Soderberg (52.9%) | Faceoff % | Pavel Datsyuk (52.4 %)

[FIELDSET="Artwork"]
Artwork By FlashyG
[/FIELDSET]​

Last edited:

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Getting this one started early because I need as much time as possible to come up with something for game 4.

Lines based on last game.

Lets get the lead back.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Babcock on Smith vs. Chara:

“So you walk into the bar and there’s this beautiful, young gal standing next to this 6-foot-5 monster who you know fights for a living and you’re the best pool player in the bar. Are you going to play pool or are you going to fight? It seems simple to me.

“One guy’s 6-foot-9, one guy’s not. What would be the good decision? I guess all I’m saying is I think you should do what you do well … play pool.”

Is Babs implying he believes Chara is more of a goon than a hockey player?

Also, Franzen as the flash LOL

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

I think you're taking his example too literally.

He's implying that Smiths game is not the same as Chara's. Trying to engage a giant physically is a dumb move on Smith's part. He should use his speed and avoid engagements like the one in game 2 all together.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Why is Helm not the Flash?

He should have been and I should change that now.

There wasn't going to be a flash at all but I was running low on good guys and had to branch out of Batman and into the rest of DC comics.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Great GDT Flashy, one of my all-time favourites! Pretty impressive that you managed to keep them all within the DC Universe (I think?). A lot of them fit very well. Geist (invisibility) would have been another option for Franzen.

P.S. Just a note, the DeKeyser picture has Quincey's name under it.

Also, Franzen as the flash LOL

He's saying don't pit your weakness against someone else's strength. A battle of brawn against Chara is a guaranteed loss. Smith would be better served using his areas of strength. Speed, agility, etc.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Franzen is a hair away from losing his playoff monster label. Three great playoffs followed by three mediocre/bad playoffs. Maybe he was never a playoff performer, just happened to have one of his hot streaks a the right time of year for a few years.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Franzen is a hair away from losing his playoff monster label. Three great playoffs followed by three mediocre/bad playoffs. Maybe he was never a playoff performer, just happened to have one of his hot streaks a the right time of year for a few years.

he lost the playoff monster label after 2012. at least for me.

now i'm just hoping he gets hot at the right time. i don't think he's been awful, in performance or effort but, to beat the B's, he needs to be better.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
To me its Nyquist and Tatar that need to step up most.

Franzen has at least been visible, and has had some great chances thwarted by last second deflections. The only time I've seen Tatar is when he's taking penalties, and Nyquist has been ok, but I'd like a little more of the hot streak Nyquist.

If all 3 of them find a way to take another step I think we can win this series.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Franzen has at least been visible, and has had some great chances thwarted by last second deflections. The only time I've seen Tatar is when he's taking penalties, and Nyquist has been ok, but I'd like a little more of the hot streak Nyquist.

If all 3 of them find a way to take another step I think we can win this series.

Tatar has to be better no doubt, but at least one of those penalties was a total ******** call.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012

Tatar needs to simplify his play, especially in the neutral zone or when entering the zone. Seems like he's got the Brunner bug right now, where he feels like he needs to deke everyone out every time he touches the puck.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Nice work as usual flashy. Let's hope the Dark Nyquist gets back to scoring like he was a few weeks back.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I would like franzen to be aqua man because he floats. ;) Need to win game that means Howard no more assists to Boston. :)

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Are people for real about Nyquist and Tatar right now? Do people not remember how mediocre Hank and Dats were in their first few playoff experiences? Hell, Datsyuk was lambasted as a playoff ghost for a while there, even after a handful of years as a solid regular season guy.

Nyquist and Tatar are unfortunately at that stage where they were successful enough in the regular season that they're targets for tighter checking but without the playoff experience to combat that. This is part of the reason why I don't like Nyquist and Tatar on the same line. Having Jurco in Nyquists spot would likely decrease the attention that line gets and yet it wouldn't be a loss in terms if effectiveness because those guys have such great chemistry.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Are people for real about Nyquist and Tatar right now? Do people not remember how mediocre Hank and Dats were in their first few playoff experiences? Hell, Datsyuk was lambasted as a playoff ghost for a while there, even after a handful of years as a solid regular season guy.

Nyquist and Tatar are unfortunately at that stage where they were successful enough in the regular season that they're targets for tighter checking but without the playoff experience to combat that. This is part of the reason why I don't like Nyquist and Tatar on the same line. Having Jurco in Nyquists spot would likely decrease the attention that line gets and yet it wouldn't be a loss in terms if effectiveness because those guys have such great chemistry.

Agree with a lot of this, good stuff.

Especially about the regular season success making teams key in on them defensively, and splitting them on separate lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad