OT: Ads and pop ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Dr HF BOARDS,

Multiple times daily, For years I have enjoyed reading about rumours and opinions about my favorite sports team. I would periodically chime in and think this is a great meeting place for fans.

But now with the ADS and pop ups that I now cant even close have tainted my experience. I had to attempt to log in mulitple times to just post this. It did not work on my iphone or IPAD, I had to use my laptop. Promotion for games and Apps are all over the place. I used to be able to easily close it, now it wont let me.

I will go somewhere else to talk about the Oilers.

I hope the members agree.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
These ads are are crazy, I go to close them on my phone and I always miss the ****ing x..... Go straight to the ad and have to close it and go back to the page, reload it and scroll back to where I was. It is extremely fristrating and has essentially driven me away from surfing on my phone..... I've been wanting to rant about this for a while now. Figure it out hfboards.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I haven't seen one ad in 13 years, whether on my laptop or iPhone. Not entirely sure why, but I guess sponsorship has something to do with it. Sounds really annoying.

Comic Book Guy*

I haven't seen one ad in 13 years, whether on my laptop or iPhone. Not entirely sure why, but I guess sponsorship has something to do with it. Sounds really annoying.
Hahaha you should get 2 free years for that sick cross-sell. I'll send the admin some links to that post.

You must be a broker of some sort.

In any case, I have surrendered my hard earned money to some app developer instead of HfBoards to deal with the nuisance. Money well spent.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
On an iPad go to settings safari clear history ( make sure Safari is completely shutdown) then set it to block cookies. Works so far.
Thanks for this. I did it and so far it's working. I hadn't been able to close that ad for hours. Even logging out of the site and logging back in wasn't working for me.

KickHimPedro

Dec 10, 2011
Just opened a second browser on my iPhone because I had the same problem. Ad opened that I can't close or previous page to get rid of.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
The same thing happened to me on my phone. Figured it was frozen but of course the ad link to their ******** game works

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
For the record folks:

Folks, the administrators and moderators do not control ad content, design, and options. This is handled by CraveOnline Media, part the Evolve Media group that owns HFBoards.

To bring up functionality issues, please post in the Support forum, pg 2, bottom.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

We know about the pop ups and hope those will be removed soon. The complaints are passed on to our overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad