Kings Article: Adrian Kempe Returns To Sweden, But Not Before Making Solid First Impression

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
With Brodzinsky, Kempe, Miller, Forbort, etc, the Kings prospect pool is loaded. I'm very excited for this next wave of prospects to come in and help this franchise win another championship.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
I really, really don't think Kempe has the offensive upside to be compared to Kopitar. I'm not even convinced he can be a top 6 forward. That being said, I'm definitely not counting him out, he's just a kid and certainly has a lot of tools at his disposal.

Only turns 19 in September. Showed lots of promise at the WJC. His play on the boards on the PP reminded me a lot of a young Kopitar. Would be great if he can eventually fill in that RW1 role, I don't even know what position he plays but that's definitely a need. PS, I said eventually. I know he's still years away.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Very excited to see this kid. Hopefully he will bring speed along with his forechecking abilities.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I really, really don't think Kempe has the offensive upside to be compared to Kopitar. I'm not even convinced he can be a top 6 forward. That being said, I'm definitely not counting him out, he's just a kid and certainly has a lot of tools at his disposal.

He reminds me more of Trevor Lewis, but I say that as a compliment not a denigration :D Getting another speedy forechecker that's a puck hound isn't bad, see Pearson.

...but he has a hell of a shot. I think everyone saw those PP goals he scored from Kopi's halfboard home. So maybe he's more like a bigger Pearson? :dunno:

But totally agree, he's still very raw and very young, and with a few years of proper development, I think it's clear why his ceiling is so high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad