Kings Article: Adrian Kempe Returns To Sweden, But Not Before Making Solid First Impression

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Thanks.

How accurate are his height and weight of 6'1 178 lbs?

I think this was from the scouting combines. They have him at 6'1.5" and 187.
At any rate, at just 17 years of age, he may be about Carter's size of 6'4" 210
when he finishes growing and filling out.

Date of Birth September 13, 1996
Height 6' 1.5
Weight 187
Country Sweden
Position Left Winger
Secondary Position Center
Shoots Left

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net

Height 6' 1.5
Weight 187
Country Sweden
Position Left Winger
Shoots Left

Yeah, he looks bigger than the official stats provided by the Kings. Since those are considered to be official, without anything else to go on that I could confirm...

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

Height 6' 1.5
Weight 187
Country Sweden
Position Left Winger
Shoots Left

I was going to say, he reminds me of Simmonds physically, but I believe Simmonds was good 20 lbs less than Kempe at 187 lbs.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I was going to say, he reminds me of Simmonds physically, but I believe Simmonds was good 20 lbs less than Kempe at 187 lbs.

I recall a longtime poster here (that I have not seen in some time now) who used
to go to all the camps and said he saw Simmonds walk up (for his first time ever
at the Kings facility) and ask him where the players go! So, it was his first time
to LA. Maybe just after the draft...but may have been before he was drafted, because
I think the Kings invited him out. This poster was shocked because he said Simmonds
looked about 160 pounds and had bird legs. He thought he was just coming to watch.

Regarding Kempe, I don't know how people make projections of the player he'll be at 21 or 22. Some say a future Kopitar and other
say a future Lewis. Some say top 6 and some say third liner. Geez..how can anyone project these things? He's 17. Sounds like the development team really likes him
and sees a highly skilled, hard working, dedicated young player.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I'm clutching at straws here but when Mike Donnelly makes the comment "I like his length" is he referring to his wingspan or height?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Regarding Kempe, I don't know how people make projections of the player he'll be at 21 or 22. Some say a future Kopitar and other
say a future Lewis. Some say top 6 and some say third liner. Geez..how can anyone project these things? He's 17. Sounds like the development team really likes him
and sees a highly skilled, hard working, dedicated young player.

It's never easy. Projecting prospects can be a bit like guessing the weather by sticking your head out the window.

You have a general idea of what their role could be based on their makeup, but there are a number of unpredictable factors that come into play.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's never easy. Projecting prospects can be a bit like guessing the weather by sticking your head out the window.

You have a general idea of what their role could be based on their makeup, but their are a number of unpredictable factors that come into play.

Yep, doubly so when they're so young, huh?

I like everything I hear. I hear a European kid with some skill that already plays a Kings-type game--gets in and plays 'power forward' hard, has a big body already--even if he stopped growing today and only filled out slightly he'd be a big guy. I'd wager he has an inch or two of height to fill out and 20+ pounds. He's already been holding his own vs. men so there will be less of an adjustment there. Has a good skill base and plenty of room to learn. Seems like we got a bottom-six NHL player at worst with a lot of potential growth especially given age. European and younger Tanner Pearson-esque style of play? Sign me up.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Does it shrink when under pressure like Jack Minus Johnson?

Johnson's usually shrink on ice. I am from Canada and should know. :D

Kempe looks like a kid with great promise. I wish I could forget about him for 2 to 3 years and then see what we have. Like a young Kopitar he intrigues me and I will probably spend hours looking for any type of updates for him.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
And the word is now that Kempe is again returning to North America, to sign a tryout
contract with the Monarchs and is already here. (as reported on the Monarchs thread) Just waiting an official announcement, it seems. Will be awesome, to see how he competes and plays at the AHL level.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
And the word is now that Kempe is again returning to North America, to sign a tryout
contract with the Monarchs and is already here. (as reported on the Monarchs thread) Just waiting an official announcement, it seems. Will be awesome, to see how he competes and plays at the AHL level.

Nice to see Kempe showing such commitment to the Kings organization. Hope he gets into some games in the playoffs.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I think Kempe has some Kopi lite in his game. Hoping he will be in LA sooner than later but he won't be rushed which is good.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
So just over the past couple weeks, Monarchs have added Brodzinski, Lintuniemi, Kempe, and Zykov (soon). Am I missing anyone? Plus, they got back Jordan Weal and Nick Shore will be coming down as well, I'm guessing.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I really, really don't think Kempe has the offensive upside to be compared to Kopitar. I'm not even convinced he can be a top 6 forward. That being said, I'm definitely not counting him out, he's just a kid and certainly has a lot of tools at his disposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad