News Article: Adrian Dater Thinks Kopitar is the Best Center in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Seems like our best friend may have one opinion we can all agree with. Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, and Anze Kopitar all made the top 50 centers in the NHL list he compiled and posted on Bleacher Report.

Mike Richards:
50. Mike Richards, Los Angeles Kings - After some question as to whether the Stanley Cup champion Kings would even bring him back or buy out the rest of his contract, Richards pledged to general manager Dean Lombardi that he would get in better shape for this season, per Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times. And with his work ethic, I'm not about to doubt him. He potted two goals in his first preseason game, so he's showing he meant it.

Jeff Carter (Ranked 24th):
By the numbers: The regular-season numbers were rather pedestrian (50 points in 72 games), but for the second time in three years, Carter exploded in the playoffs and got a second Stanley Cup ring because of it.

Best attribute: Big-game, clutch persona.

Why he's here: One of the biggest centers in the league, he's so tough to knock off the puck. He is a top finisher around the net, and after years of having his heart questioned, he has proved the doubters all wrong since becoming a King.

Anze Kopitar (Ranked 1st):
By the numbers: He posted 70 points in 82 games, then put up 26 points in 26 playoff games.

Best attribute: Very strong on the puck along the boards and in front of the net, great passer.

Why he's here: This is the best two-way center in the game. He gets the nod over Crosby because he can play effectively defensively in so many other situations, especially behind the net and in the corners. He gets the nod over Toews because he's just so big and strong down low with the puck.

He is the closest thing the league has had to Peter Forsberg since he left. He's a big, fancy, playmaking power forward. Oh yeah, and he's got two Stanley Cup rings from the last three seasons.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2213210-ranking-the-top-50-centers-for-the-2014-15-nhl-season

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
One day the guy is a hack, and the next he is a genius. Um yeah, he's still a hack.

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
Love reading these ass kissing articles. A few years ago we were unknown. Now it seems like everyone wants to smooch on us.

Not sure if I enjoy so much publicity...

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
While i still can't stand him as a writer, i am glad someone is recognizing Kopitar. I personally feel that elite TWFs are more valuable than elite playmakers, and Kopitar is the best TWF so I feel the same way as him, though I'd take Bergeron at 2nd.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Also, important to note that this article was posted on October 3rd, which is last friday. So I don't think ass-kissing was a strategy used.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
As a man who has had alcohol and drug addiction in my past I can say that I assume this man is playing with funny money. He's sledding in October. Skill recognizes skill.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Love reading these ass kissing articles. A few years ago we were unknown. Now it seems like everyone wants to smooch on us.

Not sure if I enjoy so much publicity...

I think it's great SoCal is giving the Kings much-needed attention, especially when estoy hasta la madre con this incessant and never-ending "NFL in LA" talks that steal away the much-earned attention from the LA Kings.

Exactly

Obvious attempt to make us forget Saturday night is obvious.

He's just trying to kiss our ass!

Ben, RP, I'm unanimous with you two. Adrian Dater is basically avoiding...ahem...an Avalanche of reactions, directly pertaining to his article on Brayden McNabb.

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
This list would be interesting to see on the main board just to see the rage from other fans...

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Great to see the recognition he gave those Kings players! The Kings have gotten a ton of recognition/respect these past 2 years, especially now. I'm savoring it while it lasts.

As for the Twitter brouhaha, we all let emotion get the better of us at times. He apologized. It's water under the bridge to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad