Signing(s): Adrian Amos(4 ys, $37M), Preston Smith(4 ys, $52M), and Za’Darius Smith(4 ys, $66M) with the Packers

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
imagine paying 16m per for zadarius smith when you could've paid a very reasonable price for khalil mack a year earlier

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
$$ was not the reason why GB could not land Mack. The just could not match the Bears who were picking earlier than them in the draft.

I meant price as in trade.

If you're a place like Green Bay where no one is ever going to want to play while also having two 2018 1st round picks and an aging QB that's a move you have to make. If you have to take out the 2nd the Raiders gave back so be it.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I meant price as in trade.

If you're a place like Green Bay where no one is ever going to want to play while also having two 2018 1st round picks and an aging QB that's a move you have to make. If you have to take out the 2nd the Raiders gave back so be it.
I would have done it for Mack but obviously things didn't work out with GB. We don't know for sure if taking the 2nd out for GB would have made a difference or not.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm just happy they are active in free agency, just have to hit on their two firsts and their second. Have to imagine with what they are doing in FA that they are a lock to draft a TE or WR with one of those firsts.

Reactions: donghabs98

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'm just happy they are active in free agency, just have to hit on their two firsts and their second. Have to imagine with what they are doing in FA that they are a lock to draft a TE or WR with one of those firsts.
Yeah. Really hoping we can land Hockensen at 12. If not, Fant later in the 1st. With making so many moves in FA, I would not be surprised if we actually trade down from #12 to get a later 1st round pick and another 2nd round pick.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah. Really hoping we can land Hockensen at 12. If not, Fant later in the 1st. With making so many moves in FA, I would not be surprised if we actually trade down from #12 to get a later 1st round pick and another 2nd round pick.

Wouldn't hate that at all, depending on the talent left at 12. I do think they need to invest in the O Line as well. Rodgers had no time to throw on third down.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Wouldn't hate that at all, depending on the talent left at 12. I do think they need to invest in the O Line as well. Rodgers had no time to throw on third down.
Yep. The O-line definitely needs some help. But I do think that can be had later in the draft.

I think we need more weapons in the passing game. Outside of Adams, we don't have any consistent/reliable receiver. Graham who was 2nd on the team in receiving yards had less than half of what Adams had. Valdes-Scantling showed flashes but I am not 100% sold on him yet. Cobb is done. Hockensen or Fant just make sense because they would probably replace Graham next year and give us a dual TE threat for his year.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's gotta be about all they can do? With the amount of space they had plus rookie deals for two first rounders?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Amos is good and it's a reasonable FA deal for him. Those other deals, not so much. It's like they decided to make up for lost time after sitting out and not throwing around stupid money all these years.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
WarlikeFearlessHorsechestnutleafminer-small.gif

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Do everything you can to get Rodgers at least one more ring and if the deals blow up when Rodgers is 40 or retired, oh well, it's not like you were going to be good anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad