Tribute Adopt-A-Kraken 2021-22 Edition

BeniersIsKraken

2022-23 Adopted Kraken: Matty Beniers
Jul 24, 2021
Have you ever liked a Kraken player so much that you wanted to adopt them for a season? Well, here's your chance! As fans, we take a particular interest in a player and even develop hockey crushes on particular players for no reason. "Adopting" a player for the season will give you that chance to intensely follow them without shame and to show your pride in being their adopted parent for the season!

Just a few ground rules (happy to take any feedback this year and in future years):

1 - First come, first serve basis and one parent per player; I'll continuously update the list of adopted Kraken players as folks post who they would like to adopt
2 - If someone else has your pick, try and work out an agreement (I'm sure something involving drinks or SB cash would be fun)
3 - Have fun with it! You are not tied down to only cheer for the player you adopt, and if you want to switch at any point and that player is free, just post in this thread to let me know.

Here's the current list of players under contract with the Kraken that you can adopt from:

F - Mason Appleton
F - Alex Barre-Boulet
F - Nathan Bastian (Tao Jones)
F - Colin Blackwell
F - Ryan Donato
F - Joonas Donskoi (AarG)
F - Jordan Eberle
F - Morgan Geekie (SoldiersOfFilth)
F - Yanni Gourde (Scomerica)
F - Luke Henman
F - Calle Jarnkrok
F - Marcus Johansson (Dog)
F - Kole Lind
F - Jared McCann (BeniersIsKraken)
F - Max McCormick
F - Jaden Schwartz (Soul Rebel)
F - Riley Sheahan
F - Brandon Tanev
F - Carsen Twarynski
F - Alex Wennberg

D - William Borgen
D - Vince Dunn (finnishflash13)
D - Cale Fleury
D - Haydn Fleury
D - Mark Giordano
D - Adam Larsson
D - Jeremy Lauzon
D - Jamie Oleksiak
D - Gustav Olofsson
D - Carson Soucy (MattyIce0401)

G - Antoine Bibeau
G - Joey Daccord (Hank84)
G - Chris Driedger
G - Philipp Grubauer

TBD (Marquis)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank84

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
This idea seems wild, but I like it. Can I select Dunn? I think I already qualified his biggest supporter when he was on the Blues, now I am carrying that on with the Kraken.

Reactions: BeniersIsKraken

BeniersIsKraken

Jul 24, 2021
This idea seems wild, but I like it. Can I select Dunn? I think I already qualified his biggest supporter when he was on the Blues, now I am carrying that on with the Kraken.
Of course, consider Dunn yours! Feel free to add that Dunn's your adopted Kraken for the 21-22 season in your custom title :naughty:

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Just for the sake of keeping it interesting for me... pencil me in for the last player. If every other player gets taken, I'll take the last available guy. I know, I just put the pressure on you. Haha. That's how I roll though.

BeniersIsKraken

Jul 24, 2021
Just for the sake of keeping it interesting for me... pencil me in for the last player. If every other player gets taken, I'll take the last available guy. I know, I just put the pressure on you. Haha. That's how I roll though.
Gotcha, I guess it'll be down to Twarynski, Olofsson, McCormick or Henman then :laugh:

BeniersIsKraken

Jul 24, 2021
Some great, unique picks so far (and totally unexpected that so many of the top names are still available)! Lots more great guys to be adopted, come on folks!!

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Morgan Geekie would of been my first choice but a day late and a dollar short with him, So I will swoop in on some Carson Soucy please, He played a pretty good game for us in his regular season debut against the Preds.

PS whats the point of SB cash? What does it do and what can we do it it?

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
I've only been here in the PNW for almost two and half years. Still a Devils fan, but haven't missed a Kraken regular season game yet. I don't understand how this works but I would adopt Nathan Bastian. I don't mess with SB Cash either.

Actually I hope a local Kraken first fan/poster takes Bastian. I'm following Bastian either way.

Really liking Tanev right now too.

Somebody adopt them both. ha ha

And no one's adopted yet Grubauer either.

BeniersIsKraken

Jul 24, 2021
I've only been here in the PNW for almost two and half years. Still a Devils fan, but haven't missed a Kraken regular season game yet. I don't understand how this works but I would adopt Nathan Bastian. I don't mess with SB Cash either.

Actually I hope a local Kraken first fan/poster takes Bastian. I'm following Bastian either way.

Really liking Tanev right now too.

Somebody adopt them both. ha ha

And no one's adopted yet Grubauer either.

Bastian is yours. There’s no rule that you can’t support more than one team!

BeniersIsKraken

Jul 24, 2021
Just wanted to point out that you know you’re on a fan’s forum when most of the adopted picks have pretty much been players that aren’t the bigger names on the team (either that or we’re hipsters).

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
i wont update after every start but Joey Daccord got the start for the checkers last night against the penguins affiliate and he stopped 26/27 shots for the win. Great start to the season :)

BeniersIsKraken

Jul 24, 2021
Wanted to stick with ABB all season but not confident he’ll get enough chances under Hakstol. I’ll change to McCann for the time being!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad