Adirondack v Bingo

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
down 3-2 after 2

1. ADK Straka, (6) (Matczak), 12:42
1. ADK Newbury, (11) (Straka, Delisle), 18:25
2. BNG Cowick, (5) (Claesson, Borowiecki), 7:35
2. ADK McGinn, (7) (Newbury, Gervais), 9:37 (PP)
2. BNG Hamilton, (2) (Cowick), 17:49 (SH)

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
What happened to Da Costa, is he playing bad?

"Lehner":

Top line of Da Costa, & Hoffman has turned to manure the past few games...

The PP has become crap 0 for like 13 or something......

For some reason Da Costa, & Hoffman seemed to have lost a step the past few weeks. Perhaps they are just tired for some reason, as other teams try to punish both of them.

Result is that the puck is staying in the Binghamton defensive zone a lot longer. The D down here is not that good to be truthful as Binghamton is has 2 ECHL D-men Blood & New. The result is a lot more pucks are going in their net now................

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I know nothing about cole Schneider but he seems to be putting up some decent numbers this year.

Any insight on this guy?

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
"Lehner":

For some reason Da Costa, & Hoffman seemed to have lost a step the past few weeks. Perhaps they are just tired for some reason, as other teams try to punish both of them.

Result is that the puck is staying in the Binghamton defensive zone a lot longer. The D down here is not that good to be truthful as Binghamton is has 2 ECHL D-men Blood & New. The result is a lot more pucks are going in their net now................
That top line misses Stone big time as Hoff and Da Costa now on overload and pressing..Pager being back will see the lines mixed up once again but helps immensely..

I know nothing about cole Schneider but he seems to be putting up some decent numbers this year.

Any insight on this guy?
I have 2nd Quarter Grades due out tomorrow and will post up..

As for the game tonight..

Senators Lay A Stinker In Losing To The Phantoms 5-3

http://senshot.com/2014/01/15/gamer-adr-2/

Adirondack is not known for highlight's but I included a Terry Murray post game interview for those interested..

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Any insight on this guy?

Schneider is a very hard working player. Coaches dream. He hustles constantly which is what I love about him. He broke out 2nd half of last year when he had more prominent role. Even though he was doing well on 3rd line then with Prince I believe, they had good chemistry.

What I noticed a lot was his excellent playmaking ability and very high-end plays. The guy would dish a beautiful back-hand saucer pass across the rink at full speed with a defender on him to Prince tape-to-tape who'd snipe it. He has very soft hands which also helps him finish off a lot of goals infront of the net too, his release also looks very accurate when he uses it, you can tell coaching staff told him to shoot more.

I never really saw him as a guy who could keep scoring like he did but wooosh. His IQ is very high which also helps well with his skillset. His high point totals isn't much of a fluke seeing as how he was star of his college team. Used in almost every situation towards the end.

To be dead honest... I think this guy could be one of our biggest dark-horses. A potential Alex Killorn.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Schneider has the potential to replace Conacher at LW at some point, he seems to have the size & offensive package. I just don't know if his defensive game is where it needs to be & whether he is NHL ready this yr or it will take another yr. I like what I see from him every time I watch him though. Schneider - Zibanejad - Robinson would be an interesting 3rd line some day.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
"Lehner":

I love how Zeke not only quotes your post, but types your name IN BOLD QUOTES followed with a colon. It's almost like he's clearing his throat before speaking to you directly and silencing a noisy crowd while he replies by looking directly at you.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
IMO Schneider has the potential to replace Conacher at LW at some point, he seems to have the size & offensive package. I just don't know if his defensive game is where it needs to be & whether he is NHL ready this yr or it will take another yr. I like what I see from him every time I watch him though. Schneider - Zibanejad - Robinson would be an interesting 3rd line some day.

Def not this year, give him another year of seasoning and he gets the jump..always been a fan of his ever since I first saw him in the spring of '12..

Not bad for a free agent signing..

Edit: Buddy needs time as he has regressed this past quarter

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

If he's replacing anyone it's Greening on the bottom six. This guy will not be playing top 6 minutes in the NHL to start. IF he even is called up.

Sorry to disappoint you but it looks like Conacher is here to stay.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If he's replacing anyone it's Greening on the bottom six. This guy will not be playing top 6 minutes in the NHL to start. IF he even is called up.

Agree. Don't see Schneider playing top 6 anytime soon. Really want to see him in our bottom 6 though. Greening has been playing well lately also.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Greening? It's funny how many people on here are out of touch with the coach who continues to play Greening in almost every situation. He gets plenty of PK time, he gets plenty of 5 on 5 time, he is versatile, plays him with Spezza or with his favourite crash line with Smith & Neil. He is among the top hitters in the NHL, he can fight, he can play centre & take faceoffs when needed. Greening IMO is the guy who is here to stay. Conacher was brought in to score & while he is a spark plug he isn't really scoring.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Greening? It's funny how many people on here are out of touch with the coach who continues to play Greening in almost every situation. He gets plenty of PK time, he gets plenty of 5 on 5 time, he is versatile, plays him with Spezza or with his favourite crash line with Smith & Neil. He is among the top hitters in the NHL, he can fight, he can play centre & take faceoffs when needed. Greening IMO is the guy who is here to stay. Conacher was brought in to score & while he is a spark plug he isn't really scoring.

You're arguments are so odd sometimes aragorn. Can't believe you're using Greening's PK time to support him. There are 8 forwards on the team who average more PK time per game than him and two of those are your favourites in Condra and Pageau. He's basically the last option of all the PK forwards. Its not hard to see why that's the case either. While he has great explosive straight ahead speed, he doesn't move well laterally, something good PKers need. His team worst puck handling skills compound that in his inability to clear the puck and he's a slow decision making.

"Can play center" is also a pretty big stretch. That would be a desperation move. Its not like he'll ever be considered for the position barring catastrophic injuries. Comparing him to Conacher is silly. Greening is a big minus player, plays more ES minutes and has less points all while scoring less. Greening has to score to justify his existence on the roster. He just doesn't bring enough other elements to the game. He needs to be in that 30-40 point range and he's no where close. Conacher also draws more penalties than any other player on this team AINEC. He draws almost 3x the amount of PPs per 60 minutes compared to Greening. When you have one of the best road PPs in the league, that's a big deal.

And there's also the fact that Conacher is much younger and has been a better player at every single level of hockey than Greening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad