GDT: ADF Game 2- Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins 5/3/2014 12:30pm EST CBC,NBC,RDS(HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Lets Do It Again!

dm_140430_nhl_bruinsreport.jpg

850958276.gif

HabsBruinsPlayoffs.jpg

Series- Montreal leads 1-0
Game Date- 5/3/14
Game Time- 12:30pm EST
TV Networks- CBC,NBC,RDS (HD)
Radio- TSN 690

Starting Goalies

:habs

Carey Price

Team-Canada_Carey-Price_672.png

Record: 5-0 SV% .916 GAA 2.28

:bruins

Tuukka Rask

462693121.r.jpg

Record: 4-2 SV% .946 GAA 1.52

Starting Lineups

:habs

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek
Prust-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller -Gionta
Moen-Briere-Weise

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Weaver

Price

:bruins

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Jarome Iginla
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Reilly Smith
Justin Florek- Carl Soderberg-Loui Eriksson
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Dougie Hamilton
Matt Bartkowski-Johnny Boychuk
Torey Krug-Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask

Last Game

Go :habs Go

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I call it the "Josh Gorges GDT" as it's simple yet reliable! :naughty:

Sorry for posting it late. It completely slipped my mind that I was doing Game 2's GDT.

cjbhab*

if we go back up 2-0 .. the bell centre will ****ing blow up

it will be unreal atmosphere go habs go

TassieHab

May 3, 2013
Hobart
Not as much pressure for this one having won game won, if you offered me 1-1 going to back to Montreal before this series started I would have gladly taken it.

That said, lets smash these ****s and make it 2-0. PK to keep launching missiles, including the game winner on an extremely dubious penalty against Marchand. The Jimmy rustlage would be immense.

leopod

Apr 6, 2011
Price success so far ... all according to plan. Go Habs Go!

DWDoUhW.gif

Love the classic 'gorges' gdt. Simple yet efficient. Win tonight (this afternoon grrr) please :handclap:

Dec 2, 2010
Keep in mind, this is how their Wings series started. Wings eked out a win in Game 1 after a long tie. The key to keep this going is stopping them from pushing back. Every period they improve and intensity ramps up. Habs have to match the intensity instead of the even-keel approach.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Keep in mind, this is how their Wings series started. Wings eked out a win in Game 1 after a long tie. The key to keep this going is stopping them from pushing back. Every period they improve and intensity ramps up. Habs have to match the intensity instead of the even-keel approach.

Wings only scored because of Datsyuk in Game 1. That would become the whole story for the rest of the entire series. No one else on the Wings could consistently provide secondary scoring for the rest of the series. It was all Datsyuk.

Our game was more topsy turvy. Played a good game for the first 40, leading 2-0, then the wheels come off and we end regulation 3-3. We need to juggle lines and bench some of the bad players from Game 1, and we can hold them off better

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

was Rask 0-9 at home vs Wings?or 3-11-3 all time vs Wings?

Habs are not Wings for the Boston goalie.

Dec 2, 2010
Wings only scored because of Datsyuk in Game 1. That would become the whole story for the rest of the entire series. No one else on the Wings could consistently provide secondary scoring for the rest of the series. It was all Datsyuk.
Yea but do you realize that Subban and the 3rd line were the only threatening pieces? No difference. They'll find a way to neutralize and clean up defensively. To have a true chance, we have to do the same.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yea but do you realize that Subban and the 3rd line were the only threatening pieces? No difference. They'll find a way to neutralize and clean up defensively. To have a true chance, we have to do the same.

I'm really hoping the GDT isn't a true reflection of our lineup for game 2.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I hope we find a way to re-insert Bournival into the lineup. The hard part is to decide who should sit.

I think MT will stand pat.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The Bruins are fielding four green Dmen, and Bartkowski was the one burned last game. Krug, Hamilton, and Miller are also vulnerable if we tweak the lines properly.

Babcock was hopelessly out-adjusted by Julien and his own strange biases, like marrying Abdelkader to Datsyuk. Detroit's youth were burned by their inexperience.

Therrien at least has a pulse when it comes to tweaking the lineup when guys underperform. Briere might very well sit, which would be great and neutralize our 4th line sucking against theirs. Regardless of whether Briere plays or not, he will likely never put Briere and Vanek together again because they really can't play defense. Since he fielded Moen-Prust-Weise in OT last game, there is hope that Prust has earned a demotion from Pleks' line and Moen will take his place if we need a shutdown grinder on that line.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bruins played I think 20 afternoon games this season, Habs a lot less. It is what it is but I am not a fan of games that start this early.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hope we find a way to re-insert Bournival into the lineup. The hard part is to find who should sit.

Yeah I'm actually hoping for White and Bournival.
White can win some faceoffs and bring some energy.
Bourni didn't deserve to sit just because Moen was cleared.
He can create more havoc than Moen can dream of. He takes the body in a style the Bruins detest and often the puck at the same time, something neither Moen nor Prust can accomplish. I lost count of the number of plays he kept alive in the Ozone with his speed against The Bolts. :handclap::handclap:

GHG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad