Confirmed with Link: Additions to the scouting staff

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I had to use Wayback Machine to find the old scouting staff list from the beginning of June.

Additions/changes in bold/italics:

Amateur Scouts
Bob Brown
Michael Chiarelli (Peter's brother)
Jim Crosson
Joseph Cucci
Bill Dandy
Pelle Eklund
Scott Harlow
Dave Heitz
James McGregor (apparently he was a scout before but is now actually listed)
Frank Musil
Alexander Naurov

Pro Scouts
Chris Cichocki
Paul Messier (Mark's brother)
Duane Sutter
Matti Virmanen (was previously an amateur scout)

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=90404

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Anyone know anything about the new scouts outside of Chiarelli's brother? Chia's brother actually had a good run as Boston's OHL scout IMO.

Last edited:

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
Anyone know anything about the new scouts outside of Chiarelli's brother? Chia's brother actually had a good run as Boston's OHL scout IMO.

I heard Boston fans complaining about his brother when Peter was hired as GM.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I heard Boston fans complaining about his brother when Peter was hired as GM.

Which seems kind of odd to me.

During his time as an OHL scout with the Bruins they managed to grab Tyler Seguin, Ryan Spooner, Dougie Hamilton, Alex Khokhlachev, Malcolm Subban and Seth Griffith from the OHL.

He's likely not responsible for all these guys, but that's far from a group of players to complain about.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

During his time as an OHL scout with the Bruins they managed to grab Tyler Seguin, Ryan Spooner, Dougie Hamilton, Alex Khokhlachev, Malcolm Subban and Seth Griffith from the OHL.

He's likely not responsible for all these guys, but that's far from a group of players to complain about.

take out all first rounder

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.

take out all first rounder

^can't agree! Mike Chia had to have some kind of awareness that Hamilton was the player to take and not pass on at #9 when other teams did, same with Malcolm Subban....had the wherewithal to take him at #24 when a lot of teams shy away from taking goalies in the 1st round.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Agreed. Bostons drafting as a whole has been a bit sub par or average maybe, but they have done well with their OHL picks during his time there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Lowetide has a bit more detail

AMATUER

Bob Brown: WHL (and BCJHL based on media comments)
Michael Chiarelli: (OHL seems likely)
Joseph Cucci: Year three, don’t know his area but it might be New England
Jim Crosson: WHL
Bill Dandy: QMJHL
Pelle Eklund: Europe
Scott Harlow: NCAA and American junior leagues (east coast)
Dave Heitz: Year three, goalie scout
James McGregor: (OHL. He was first mentioned as an Oilers scout spring 2012 but didn't get listed until now. I know he scouted Yakupov for the Oilers. Appears to be a young up and comer).
Frank Musil: Europe
Alexander Naurov: (Russian, former Stars pick, retired 2014 as player)
Source
Robert Nordmark left for the Leafs; Matti Virmanen is now on the pro side. I think he might be brilliant. Paul Messier is also listed on the pro side. Nothing on Rodrique I can find, will update as I can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad