Addition by Subtraction?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I'm not convinced Strome is the better player. I think they're about the same, albeit with different pros/cons. Strome probably has a higher ceiling but I also think he has a lower floor. Schmaltz is Schmaltz. I think they both suffer from anti-Garland though.
Schmaltz is clearly the better all around player. Strome might get more points playing with Kane/Cat but Schmaltz is better on D and the forecheck/backcheck.

Reactions: MIG

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Schmaltz is clearly the better all around player. Strome might get more points playing with Kane/Cat but Schmaltz is better on D and the forecheck/backcheck.
They both have warts bigger than your head. Both have been disappointing.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Schmaltz leads the team in assists and is one pt back from Keller in pt total. Much of his ice time has been spent with Kessel and other underperforming Coyotes. Sure, I'd like him to shoot more, but if Schmaltz was surrounded with legitimate top 6 scoring talent his numbers would jump significantly.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
About the only thing I can call them equal on right now is neither is worth a long term deal at nearly $6 million, unfortunately one of them has one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad