Signing(s): Addison Reed with Twins (2 years, just under 17 mil)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I guess Reed will be the closer? Or will they put Rodney in the ninth? Reed got more money, although he is a lot younger.

Sometimes your best reliever isn't your closer. See: Andrew Miller, Chad Green, Archie Bradley, Pat Neshek. Wouldn't be surprised if Rodney is still the 9th inning guy.

-----
Apparently, this is the first time the Twins have ever given a multi year deal to a Free Agent reliever. Pretty mindblowing.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sometimes your best reliever isn't your closer. See: Andrew Miller, Chad Green, Archie Bradley, Pat Neshek. Wouldn't be surprised if Rodney is still the 9th inning guy.

-----
Apparently, this is the first time the Twins have ever given a multi year deal to a Free Agent reliever. Pretty mindblowing.

Yeah, the reliever to get more than three outs is becoming a trend lately. I would think Rodney would be their closer as well. Not to mention that managers love the "proven closer" tag.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah, that "6 out save" tends to backfire in the World Series. Why managers go back to that tactic, I will never understand.

Opposed to managers saving their best relievers for a 'save', a contrived statistic that means zip? It can go both ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad