Adding information to wikipedia? (Or elsewhere??)

plusandminus

Mar 7, 2011
Does it happen that you guys add information to the wikipedia?

I think it would be great if the wikipedia could be include even more hockey information.
Or maybe there is some alternative place where one can find certain info?

The past days, I have...
- read in the wikipedia about international hockey tournaments, like WC, CC, Olympics. Some great information, but also surprisingly little information. Sometimes the English wiki is the best source, sometimes the Swedish, sometimes the German, etc... Often there are only results, with no scoring reports except for maybe the final games.
- read about NHL seasons in the 1960s to 1980s, and about certain teams' seasons. Sometimes some great info, but often quite empty. Why did team X have a rather bad season, while team Y had a good one? What happened when team A managed to knock out team B from the playoffs?

I'm a bit surprised people haven't contributed more. (Or is the info elsewhere?)
Maybe Wikipedia itself is a bit strict regarding what could be written, how detailed, how subjectively, etc.?

It would be great to be able to read stories about how each season were, etc.
Do you agree? :)

(Now, some might say that I'm welcome to do it myself, which I of course occasionally will continue to do. But I really don't have the time anymore. Life situation doesn't allow for it. Edit: Also, apologies if I've been missing something, as I have visited hfboards rarely during the past few years.)

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
I posted a thread about this thing a couple of months ago and by doing so understood that there is not much interest in Wikipedia on this board.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
A bunch of posters here have this ATD thing they're doing, where they also have player bios.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
A bunch of posters here have this ATD thing they're doing, where they also have player bios.
I would like to see the stats of how both Google and google users treat their search results, when searching for hockey history.
The thing i had noticed when creating my thread was that not the least players style of play was lacking on Wikipedia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad