Adding arch support

ascskate

Apr 12, 2009
Austin Texas
Well first time skate buyer, got some RBK 4Ks and they really dont have much arch support at all...I have skated probably 20 times now and almost every time have problems. So is there a certain brand or type of insole thats made to add arch support? Thanks

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta
Look into Shockdocter or Superfeet skate insoles, they all work well enough if you don't like the insole that came in your skate. Word of warning on the gel ones though, they tend to wear out after a couple of months.

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
The yellow Superfeet insoles are great for arch support. They're built using a plastic base, so the arch won't degrade with use as it would with a gel-based insole.

I've been using mine about three times a week for the past four or five months and they still feel and look like new. No comment on the smell.

Keep in mind that Superfeet make many different insoles, so be sure to get the yellow ones, as they're designed for hockey skates.

robmneilson

Aug 27, 2009
www.robmneilson.com
I swear by the yellow superfeet. I didn't realize, but I have extremely high arches. I complained about foot pain in my new Graf's and the skate shop suggested the super feet. Been a world of difference since, and I'm pissed I skated through pain for so long!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad