Add one former Lightning player to the 2024 roster

What former Lightning player would you add to the current roster?

• Total voters

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I’d go with CV and his 42 goals!

Killorn being my second pick after his career year last season and with his versatility.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
JT Miller is easily the best player among these options so him.

Last edited:

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
CV is the natural choice since we could use some more scoring threats in the lineup. JAM also acceptable.

ABB save us, you’re our only hope!

Reactions: Renopucker

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
A little surprising Miller only getting two votes considering he's the best player on the list, I guess it makes sense people would be sore, he teased superstar talent without ever rounding out and developing the consistency he now has in Vacouver.

My second vote would go to Gourde, miss his infectious pitbull attitude. You can't measure that in points though

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A little surprising Miller only getting two votes considering he's the best player on the list, I guess it makes sense people would be sore, he teased superstar talent without ever rounding out and developing the consistency he now has in Vacouver.

My second vote would go to Gourde, miss his infectious pitbull attitude. You can't measure that in points though

Cooper played him on the 3rd/4th line for half a year...:laugh:

Reactions: Hoek

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

It was because he was a pain in the ass to deal with from all accounts i've received. He didn't get a ton of top line time because it sounded like he couldn't follow basic instructions and be relied upon in a few different situations, regardless of how good his shot was.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I am so happy for Miller that he has come into his own and reached the true extent of his potential in Vancouver. But he was not ready to be that player here nor was he ever going to be. The NYR gave him to us for basically free and when we needed him most he was doing dumb shit like starting fights during breakaway chances. He became what he is because us trading him became the wake up call he needed. I have to imagine maybe he'd be more effective with us now than his first tenure

Reactions: Hoek

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It was because he was a pain in the ass to deal with from all accounts i've received. He didn't get a ton of top line time because it sounded like he couldn't follow basic instructions and be relied upon in a few different situations, regardless of how good his shot was.

Some guys just need a swift kick in the ass. Being traded to Tampa wasn't it for him because he was going from an impending rebuild to another contender. Being traded from Tampa? Yup. That did it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad