Adams and Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The question has been asked over and over on this board, why is Craig Adams still an everyday fixture on the 4th line. Well, I saw some video during the Philly game a few weeks back that may offer a clue to both why Adams is still here and why the Pens look like they have internal issues within their locker room.

What I saw that Philly game was Sid having a deep meaningful conversation with Adams on the bench for at least 30 seconds. The question is why? Adams wasn't playing valuable minutes. Adams isn't on Sid's line. Adams isn't anything other than a minutes eater at best.

Then it dawned on me as I started to relate the Pens situation/problems to my own that I have experienced within the business world. Sid may be using Adams as his voice for critique/unhappiness within the locker room. I have seen this first hand before at large corporations. The results of this kind of leadership can be a mixed bag. If the person who carries the message is himself a productive worker independent of the leader, then it seems like it works and there aren't many issues.
On the other hand, if the message carrier isn't productive and isn't respected it causes major, and I can't stress this enough, major problems within the organization.

If I'm even partly right it explains a ton of what's been going on with this team the past few years.

Adams never benched
Rat in the locker room
Adams going hard on Rookies
Adams fighting Geno
Adams having a voice to the media

One last point. What I have seen first hand in these type of situations is a phenomenon that most wouldn't believe. The understudy that carries the water for the leader eventually usurps his leader and then starts marching to his own drum.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Man I'm closing this thread. Here is the reason why - this is 100000000000% speculation. The type of speculation that causes nothing but pissing matches.

If there were a few supporting articles... i'd say let's discuss it. But no way. This is heading down a nasty road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad