Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno8

Jun 14, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
Pineault

BIGROCKET said:
What has Pineault been doing so far this season?

Not much at BC. His lack of skating mobility is very evident at the NCAA D-I level. Works hard every shift though. Very good passer, canon of a shot. Although he's rated top half of the first round, he may not go until the second. Still may not opt into the draft at all. Still a long way to go for the 17 year old. The weak draft year may get him taken higher than in most years, but it doesn't make him a better player than a mid-second rounder.

Dr_Chimera*

Bruno8 said:
Not much at BC. His lack of skating mobility is very evident at the NCAA D-I level. Works hard every shift though. Very good passer, canon of a shot. Although he's rated top half of the first round, he may not go until the second. Still may not opt into the draft at all. Still a long way to go for the 17 year old. The weak draft year may get him taken higher than in most years, but it doesn't make him a better player than a mid-second rounder.

Well, the more reason not to opt in - so he probably won't.

Hypothetically, however, if he does - Pineault won't drop that far. Yes, he is not doing all that much, but he's on a very deep team and actually does the little things well.

He has all the tools, size and upside - and the college kids you see drafted all the time are 18, so the likes of Vanek, Parise the years before have had a leg up on what we see from Pineault so far. Vanek, in fact, did not play in the NCAA as a 17-year old and I bet that if he did, he would not be a huge factor that year either.

I bet Pineault really lights it up next year, but he's not quite at Vanek's level and maybe not Parise's either, but an excellent prospect regardless.

And I would not call this a weak draft. The top 15 is immensely strong, but thereafter there is a considerable drop - however it holds up due to excellent depth. There are some very good wildcard players... That said, the drop is another reason as to why Pineault should not drop much in the rankings.

X-SHARKIE

IMO Pineault has been a disapointment all season. I had him in my top 10 pre season. I do not like what i'm seeing and hearing about him.

I see him going anywhere from 15-30. He could turn things around, Vanek didnt start so hot last season. Also he has size and upside, if a team is trying to build up size in there farm system (edmonton 2003) and there picking out of the top 10 Pineault could get picked up.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Isn't Pineault supposed to be a "power forward" type player? That's what I've heard about him, and don't "power forwards" usually take longer to develop? Just wondering.

X-SHARKIE

Mobey said:
Isn't Pineault supposed to be a "power forward" type player? That's what I've heard about him, and don't "power forwards" usually take longer to develop? Just wondering.

True but he should be a more dominating force in the NCAA. It takes longer for them to devolope in the bigs I think. But look at Bernier,Horton,Stewart, Jessiman and look at what they all did last season at this age. Pineault should be doing better. He has underperformed IMO. Hope he plays great though this weekend!

Hockeypuck

X-SHARKIE said:
True but he should be a more dominating force in the NCAA. It takes longer for them to devolope in the bigs I think. But look at Bernier,Horton,Stewart, Jessiman and look at what they all did last season at this age. Pineault should be doing better. He has underperformed IMO. Hope he plays great though this weekend!
He should be a dominating force in the NCAA? He's the youngest player in D1 at 17 playing against mostly 20-23 year olds. He's playing on the 4th line of a very deep BC team as well.

Penkil2m

Pineault

BIGROCKET said:
What has Pineault been doing so far this season?

The following quote's are from differant sites and shed some light:

"For all the Adam Pineault critics on this board, you need to realize that this is a very talented player whio just happens to be the youngest player in Division I hockey. As one positive poster said the other day, he just needs more ice time. Jerry York has done a mastersful job of bringing his frosh line along. Their shifts are short now but they will get longer as the season progresses. Look for good things from Adam as we near March".

"I was very impressed with Pinneault in the third. I think i saw his 'problem,' At least to a certain extent his scoring is low because he is playing selflessly and constantly looking to set up boyle."

"wasn't Pineault a RC? Why is he playing RW?"

"I've had the opportunity to attend a number of games this season and I believe Adam is playing very well. I have said in the past that he needs more ice time and his position is as Center. Pineault plays a complete game(both ends of the ice). He uses his body, fights and wins in the corners, has a bullit of a shot and passes with great accuracy. The backhanded pass to Boyle last week resulting in the winning goal is a perfect example of his skill. We have to remember that Pineault and Rooney both have less ice time because we only lost 1 forward last year, but gained 3 exceptional players. I am sure it can be somewhat frustrating for both Pineault and Rooney, but I am certain they will all meet our expectations and then some in the end."

"Pineault is a freshmen on a very deep team. As everyone knows, Freshmen get the least amount of ice time."

"You can't compare points with other Div. 1 players because of the upper-classmen at BC." Also, some teams (U of Mich) play teams in exhibition with much less ability. Many players rack up points this way. In my humble opinion their points are inflated."

Penkil2m

Bruno8 said:

Brono...I would like to know what game you saw. Pineault's skating has been exceptional. This kid is highly skilled.

Hockeypuck

Penkil2m said:
Brono...I would like to know what game you saw. Pineault's skating has been exceptional. This kid is highly skilled.
I agree and I hate BC :D

Penkil2m

Tonights game

This was posted by a Dartmouth fan after the game:

"Pineault is starting to blossom slowly but surely... his stride is a great thing to watch... he's finally starting to open up and skate with confidence, and this is leading to him becoming more dangerous. Also, some of the passes he is making are great... we will see him on a different line by end of the year, I really think that's Jerry's pattern."

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Hockeypuck said:
He should be a dominating force in the NCAA? He's the youngest player in D1 at 17 playing against mostly 20-23 year olds. He's playing on the 4th line of a very deep BC team as well.

Wes O'Neill from ND is also 17 yrs of age.

Hockeypuck

HabLover said:
Wes O'Neill from ND is also 17 yrs of age.
True and he's a few months older than Pineault,but I think it's more difficult for a dman like O'Neill to make the transition to D1. But I was just making a point that it's difficult for a 17 year old to have an immediate impact in D1. Although I remember watching a 17 year old at Maine have a nice impact named Kariya ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad