Value of: Adam Pelech

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Roy has been playing him a little less every game. Whether that's because of a nagging injury or because he truly prefers Mike Reilly's style of play, I couldn't tell you. But he is starting to feel like someone who could maybe use a change of scenery, and Lou has been known to make those sort of out-of-left-field trades. So with the deadline in mind and a bunch of teams apparently looking for "hockey trades", I wanted to see how other fans value him and what teams would be in need of a shutdown style LHD.

He does have an NTC, so some teams where I could potentially see mutual interest would be Edmonton (who doesn't want to play with the best player in the world), Toronto (I'm sure there's a pajama pic of him somewhere...), Nashville (thrived with Trotz), and maybe Buffalo (tons of offense in the pipeline, close enough Toronto I guess).

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I mean…he’d be my dream addition to the Blues, but it’s so unlikely it’s not really worth much discussion IMO. Not trying to be a downer, if folks want to talk about it then by all means please do.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Pelech would be a massive help to the leafs blue line. I'd put up our 1st and any prospect in the system plus another solid prospect. I'd even offer Nylander or Marner if the Islanders were willing to add.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Pelech would be a massive help to the leafs blue line. I'd put up our 1st and any prospect in the system plus another solid prospect. I'd even offer Nylander or Marner if the Islanders were willing to add.
I didn't want to start a whole thing, but my thought was as a part of a package for Marner (although he has an NMC of his own)

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I mean…he’d be my dream addition to the Blues, but it’s so unlikely it’s not really worth much discussion IMO. Not trying to be a downer, if folks want to talk about it then by all means please do.
We would do just about anything for Buchnevic, but yeah I'm not seeing the incentive for Pelech to waive to go there (aside from Lou leaving a horse head in his blanket)t

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I'd be willing to do that depending on the add from the islanders.
It would be hard to find something that would save you money. The only other players we have to trade right now are really Pageau or Palmieri which would make the salaries basically balance out. Could obviously add picks/futures but ours are amongst the least attractive in the league

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
How about Marner, Giordano and we get our 3rd round pick back for Pelech and Palmieri?

The Cap hit should be even on that offer

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Pelech for Byram as a base would be interesting.

Byram definitely has the potential to be better (barring injury), but Pelech's already elite shutdown game and cost certainty would be very valuable to the Avs.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pelech for Byram as a base would be interesting.

Byram definitely has the potential to be better (barring injury), but Pelech's already elite shutdown game and cost certainty would be very valuable to the Avs.
Pelech for Byram + Rights to Behrens or mid pick.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Pelech for Byram + Rights to Behrens or mid pick.
Pelech for Toews straight up. We’ll even toss in a Patrick Roy signed jersey. Aho gets traded to Carolina and wears number 02 to confuse that fanbase. After Aho is gone, Toews gets his number back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad