Player Discussion: Adam Pelech

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Am I the only one hoping they take Strome?

I'll one up that and say I'm hoping McPhee likes Hickey and Strome both. I would offer Hickey for future considerations; provided they agree to take Strome.

Las Vegas get's Strome and Hickey. Isles clear 5 mil, make some roster space and keep their younger d-man to work into the lineup.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
I'll one up that and say I'm hoping McPhee likes Hickey and Strome both. I would offer Hickey for future considerations; provided they agree to take Strome.

Las Vegas get's Strome and Hickey. Isles clear 5 mil, make some roster space and keep their younger d-man to work into the lineup.

Would you give them a second round pick on the condition that they take Strome or Hickey? I would.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Would you give them a second round pick on the condition that they take Strome or Hickey? I would.

Yes. But honestly I think the Isles should get even more creative. While I don't expect McPhee to take a lesser talent because of his ties to the Isles. I could see him willing to workout some trades that would be beneficial to both organizations. This could be an opportunity for both teams to sort out some roster spots, prospects and cap glut.

I would be willign to have the Isles move young talent and picks that could benefit LV while maintaining players that will help the Isles roster next year. Tied into those deals, maybe the Isles can move some salary to help both teams caps. Additionally, I can see an unprotected player from another team being more of an interest to the Isles but not LV. Maybe the two teams can cut a deal that way.

Last edited:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I thought he was basically playing as one now? His cap is probably a 3/4 or even a shut down guy

Need made him a top 4. Maybe the nice thing about having him up is it shows us what 1 guy on each line playing conservative defensive hockey, with enough size hockey could do to help us improve. If we had 3 Pelechs we could move a guy or 2 and still be better.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
As well as Pelech has been playing, you can't trade Hamonic in the middle of the season. Don't think that will help the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad