Confirmed with Link: Adam Oates and Scott Stevens will both coach Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
@TGfireandice

Lou Lamoriello will be on bench with Oates and Stevens for a short amount of time. Stevens and Albelin will coach D. Oates the forwards

Rob Nieds work ethic

Swarm it up Devils!
Aug 17, 2007
This will be very interesting to follow, not only because of one's allegiance to the Devils, but because I've never seen two head coaches for one team. Indeed unique, as Lou said.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Looks like more of a developmental/assessment system, which is exactly what this team needs. I'll wait to pass judgement on this.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
By far the dumbest thing I have read in a long time out of Lou's mouth...

@TGfireandice

Lamoriello said it was unfaiir in this situation to ask one person to come in and be the head coach for for rest of season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m1 minute ago
Intention is for there to be one head coach for next season, Lamoreillo said. Could be Stevens or Oates or someone else.

lol an evaluation period for the coaches too I guess

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If this doesn't say there was a power struggle or conflict of ideas between Stevens and DeBoer. :laugh:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This is the most Devils thing ever

We're used to this kind of off the beaten path stuff from Lou so it's not even really a surprise :laugh:

Can't be worse that what we've been going through and it will be better to have this serve as an evaluation period rather than a new guy brought in with the mindset of having him here for the foreseeable future

GhostofKenKlee

Reality show, Lolz. Who wants to be a coach Stevens or Oates? Must watch hockey now.

Isnt that the role Robinson has with San Jose, he's more than just an assistant?

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Hahaha what the hell?!?! This reminds me of being at a kids hockey game with 3 coaches + parents all yelling different things at the same time. It's such a cluster **** they don't know who to listen to first lol.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I don't even know what to say. I'm so confused

8d4fGoq.gif

Why would you get rid of Barr? Two coaches? Are they not going to be able to call a timeout because the ballots weren't counted in time? How many too many men penalties are they going to be given?

When their powers combine does captain planet get summoned?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
By far the dumbest thing I have read in a long time out of Lou's mouth...

@TGfireandice

Lamoriello said it was unfaiir in this situation to ask one person to come in and be the head coach for for rest of season.

Yeah I don't really get that either...this is the most NON-pressure situation anyone can possibly have for the rest of the season. Unless he meant he felt it was unfair for one person to be associated with a blow it up second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad