Youtube: Adam McQuaid vs Nick Schultz 1/10/15

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Paille didn't touch the puck and was checked. McQuaid jumped in.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

McQuaid is needed

Bruins should keep him.

Especially since Miller seems to not fight anymore.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Hate the 'must fight after clean hit' mentality. I understand if its a particularly chippy game or if they are targeting players specifically but after a random clean hit its dumb.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The Bruins have been lacking the spark all season long. McQuaid did what was right and what he needed to do, otherwise the Bruins would once again look like pushovers like they have most of the season.

Good hit, good on McQuaid for stepping in and good on Schultz to drop the gloves. A's all around.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Clean or not, it's a fast game and mcquaid didn't have the benefit of slo mo replay. From his vantage it probably looked dirty, hence the reaction.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
Clean or not, it's a fast game and mcquaid didn't have the benefit of slo mo replay. From his vantage it probably looked dirty, hence the reaction.

I've got 0 problem with any of it, including the instigator, as I feel it was the correct call. I just don't understand where these "dirty hit" and "hater" comments are coming from. :)

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany

Voice of reason. No big deal, Quaider asked, Schultz obliged, decent bout, end of story.
If that's dumb to some people so be it.

Hate the 'must fight after clean hit' mentality

Thankfully this doesn't apply here since nobody was forced to fight. Good for Schultz for dropping 'em.

mygameworn

Dec 24, 2007
Connecticut
mygameworn.net
Did Paille have possession of the puck, ever? If he didn't, why would he ever expect to be hit? He wouldn't because it's against the rules.

I called the haters haters, because they're crying foul on what McQuaid did, yet he wasn't the guy who hit a dude without the puck. Pretty obvious to everyone, except those with a bias.

He played the puck. It bounced off him, look at the replay.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
McQuaid was setting the tone for the rest of the game, nothing more and nothing less. Call it fear or respect but the Bruins aren't looked at in the same way as they were before, Philly's still Philly and McQuaid sent the message that they're not backing down or going away. The Bruins won almost every puck battle after that for 2 periods.

There's nothing to whine about when McQuaid got his 2+5+10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad