News Article: Adam Mair, Krys Barch hired as player development coaches

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
They're not Bylsma's two assistants/associates, are they?

"Player development coach" sounds like they'll be in the background won't travel with the team.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
"Canadian Cliches Coaches" is what the job title should be called. Work Hard Boys. Compete Boys. Get the puck deep Boys. Add "ie" or "ey" to every nickname Boys. Give their team some credit Boys. Drop the gloves Boys.

Johan Larsson better watch out complaining about teammates or his own development coach is going to beat him up.

They should have hired the guys who ran the bikes at the Combine for a job that is essentially a glorified scared straight sergeant.

"Let's show these boys how to be professionals Mairsey!". -Krys Barch 2015

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Might be my favorite Mair moment by a mile. I'm trying to remember who he was calling out, Neil or kasperitas or some other scum. YOU KNOW HE'S A COWARD

Don't remember but I do remember Luke Richardson came out to try and calm him down or get him to leave.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Don't remember but I do remember Luke Richardson came out to try and calm him down or get him to leave.
"You know he's a joke Luke you gotta protect that guy all year he's a joke!"

Script borrowed from Lindy Ruff.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I think most are familiar enough with Mair to know he coached at Canisius and the Academy of Hockey. Barch, on the other hand, was the head instructor at Axis Hockey Systems; some puff piece testimonials:
  • "Krys was a great on-ice mentor while playing for the London Knights." ~Max Domi
  • "Krys is one of the most skilled tough guys I have suited up against in the NHL." ~Drew Doughty
  • "[Krys is] one of the most well liked players in the NHL." ~Brandon Prust
  • "Krys, although known for his toughness, has a great on ice skill set. Krys knows the game." ~Jamie Benn

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
"Krys is one of the most skilled tough guys I have suited up against in the NHL." ~Drew Doughty

latest

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I was looking at hockey camps for my son this year and noticed Mair had one he ran that was connected to the sabres new facilities.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Might be my favorite Mair moment by a mile. I'm trying to remember who he was calling out, Neil or kasperitas or some other scum. YOU KNOW HE'S A COWARD

My favorite moment was when he was suspended for hitting Chris Neil with his own helmet. The annimosity that he had for Neil really was something special.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
So who is assistant coach? or power play coach? I figured that hiring would have been done by now or are these not coaches behind the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00