Proposal: Adam Larsson for Alex Killorn

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
How is Larsson these days? I know he never became the true #1 guy he was once projected to be, but is he a solid 1st or 2nd pair guy?

Would Athanasiou for Larsson be anywhere close in value?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Makes no sense for the Bolts. Killorn is a 3rd line guy that that score between 15 and 19 goals and 40 points a season. The Bolts really only have to wait until later in the year and Foote will be ready to come up to give more D depth.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Makes no sense for the Bolts. Killorn is a 3rd line guy that that score between 15 and 19 goals and 40 points a season. The Bolts really only have to wait until later in the year and Foote will be ready to come up to give more D depth.

Will it be too late by then? Lightning look like they need some more NHL level defenders badly right now.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Will it be too late by then? Lightning look like they need some more NHL level defenders badly right now.

TBH we need our Vezniz winning goalie to make a few stops and the defensemen to act like defensemen and not wingers. This group of defenders are pretty much the same group that lead the league last year on the PK and was top 5 in D. I will not disagree they have been burned too much this year but it is fixable.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
TBH we need our Vezniz winning goalie to make a few stops and the defensemen to act like defensemen and not wingers. This group of defenders are pretty much the same group that lead the league last year on the PK and was top 5 in D. I will not disagree they have been burned too much this year but it is fixable.

I think you miss Stralman a lot.

Anyway, it's OK if it doesn't work. I was just throwing it out there as an idea.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

We do, but Strals was injured and/or ineffective most of last season and he wasn’t missed because Cernak came in and started playing like a seasoned vet. This year he’s regressed in a big way. He’s far from the only one, though - very few of our players are playing at the level of which they are capable.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Anyway, it's OK if it doesn't work. I was just throwing it out there as an idea.
I will not argue that we miss the stay at home defenseman that Stralman is. I may be the only one that will say that Shattenkirk is the issue, but he was brought in for more offense from the blueline. IMO there is a fine line when you can go over and I think that is an issue. It is funny how a coach can focus on one area and it throws the whole team off kilter. At this point last season this team was averaging 4 GPG and allowing 2.45. Just last night in a 4 goal loss 3 of the goals came from the defense while Stammer and Point were pointless and Kuch had just one assist. This team with a very young goalie must help him out reguardless that he won the Vezina last year. So like I said one word from Cooper to revert back to last years scheme would fix much of what is going on. I in no way expected the team to repeat last years regular season success that was a year for the record books. I did expect the team to challenge for the eastern conference and as of now they are not there.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Edmonton doesn't have the back end depth for this trade. Larsson isnt the number 1 d man we were hoping for but hes still a consistent top 4 guy. If Edmonton is adding secondary help it's going to be for futures. As much as I like Killorn Edmonton cant just move where their holes are anymore.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I mean. I'd probably do it, but I don't think it really does much for Tampa in terms of making them better.

There's also cap to consider. Killorn's deal moves to modified next season and with Palat playing like his old self, I think Killorn is the guy to go for relief.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

Shattenkirk does everything better than Stralman so I wouldn’t say we miss him at all.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
How is Larsson these days? I know he never became the true #1 guy he was once projected to be, but is he a solid 1st or 2nd pair guy?

Would Athanasiou for Larsson be anywhere close in value?

Larsson has been wildly inconsistent the past few years. Looks like a solid #2 for long stretches, but then makes a big mistake that a defensive d-man shouldn't make. A lot of that was chalked up to some personal issues (his dad unexpectedly passed away, for example). He then had that injury in game 1 of the year so he was starting behind the 8 ball when he returned again. I've only watched a couple of his games since he returned, and in one he was a train wreck, but the other he was very good. Basically, its hard to tell with Larsson right now, he's either a solid #2, or an inconsistent #3/4. Might need a few more weeks to tell if his rough games this year were shaking off the injury.

I'm okay with trading Larsson, but I think he has more value than many on HF would realize, even with his struggles. I think we can get a good 2nd scoring line winger for him, or a legitimate 3C and some spare parts, should those guys become available. We don't need to rush to move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad