Player Discussion Adam Henrique

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
His playing style in general just looks lazy, a lot like Getzlaf to be honest. Even in their primes and in the playoffs they look lazy or nonchalant.
He knows where to be and how long it will take to get there. He has great experience and you can see it. He does have a "lazy" style of play though visually.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looking back at 2017 posts. Henrique still rocks. 38 points in 52 games, on pace to have his best season in Anaheim, and even his career. If he hits 3 more goals, can have another 20 goal season, 6 games left it’s possible.

Really glad he will be here next season with the C-depth a major concern. Zegras is not a 1C yet, and Eakins has really frustrated me, not letting him take more face offs and learn. McTavish I think has Low end 1C/high end 2C potential. But it’s good Rico is around another two years to stop gap the Top 6C spots, while Zegras and McTavish develop into the C’s we need them to be, and now with Getz retirIng it leaves a hole down the middle.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Looking back at 2017 posts. Henrique still rocks. 38 points in 52 games, on pace to have his best season in Anaheim, and even his career. If he hits 3 more goals, can have another 20 goal season, 6 games left it’s possible.

Really glad he will be here next season with the C-depth a major concern. Zegras is not a 1C yet, and Eakins has really frustrated me, not letting him take more face offs and learn. McTavish I think has Low end 1C/high end 2C potential. But it’s good Rico is around another two years to stop gap the Top 6C spots, while Zegras and McTavish develop into the C’s we need them to be, and now with Getz retirIng it leaves a hole down the middle.

Especially if he plays like he did last night. Dude was all over the place (in a good way).

I do have some concerns about the depth at center next season. We've seen how it's been with Getz and Henrique out of the lineup. Hoping Verbeek will address that in the offseason.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Especially if he plays like he did last night. Dude was all over the place (in a good way).

I do have some concerns about the depth at center next season. We've seen how it's been with Getz and Henrique out of the lineup. Hoping Verbeek will address that in the offseason.

The goal should be to develop and grow Z and Mac into the 1C and 2C. Rico, Lundy, and even Grant are gonna help them do it.

Reactions: lwvs84

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I just wanted to say I found a crazy stat. Actually I already saw this like two years ago, but just now I checked if he still has the record, and he sure has.

Did you know that Adam Henrique is the Ducks all time leader in shot percentage? 375 games, 743 shots, 117 goals = 15.8%

German Titov (only 137 games) is second (15.6%) and Teemu Selanne (966 games and 2964 shots) is third (15.4%).

Teemu's percentage is obviously more impressive given the amount of games. But it's still crazy to think that Henrique is currently the Ducks all time leader in this category, after playing close to 400 games. Especially as people often have been quick to point out how bad his contract is over the years.

Edit: Thanks mods for finding the right thread.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I just wanted to say I found a crazy stat. Actually I already saw this like two years ago, but just now I checked if he still has the record, and he sure has.

Did you know that Adam Henrique is the Ducks all time leader in shot percentage? 375 games, 743 shots, 117 goals = 15.8%

German Titov (only 137 games) is second (15.6%) and Teemu Selanne (966 games and 2964 shots) is third (15.4%).

Teemu's percentage are obviously more impressive given the amount of games. But it's still crazy to think that Henrique is currently the Ducks all time leader in this category, after playing close to 400 games. Especially as people often have been quick to point out how bad his contract is over the years.

His contract isn't bad and never was!

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Ducks all time top 10 in shooting percentage (at least 300 games):

1. Adam Henrique (15.8%)
2. Teemu Selanne (15.4%)
3. Bobby Ryan (14.1%)
4. Saku Koivu (13.6%)
5. Steve Rucchin (13.3%)
6. Corey Perry (13.0%)
7. Paul Kariya (12.2%)
8. Derek Grant (12.0%)
9. Chris Kunitz (11.7%)
10. Rickard Rakell (11.3%)

* Troy Terry currently sits at 275 games is bound to rank 4th on that list when he gets to 300 games.

Pretty wild that Grant ranks number eight too.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA

Teemu's percentage are obviously more impressive given the amount of games. But it's still crazy to think that Henrique is currently the Ducks all time leader in this category, after playing close to 400 games. Especially as people often have been quick to point out how bad his contract is over the years.

Edit: Thanks mods for finding the right thread.
His contract wasn't very tradeable due to the AAV and years, but he earned every dollar of that deal. A good two-way player who can score 20 goals and provide leadership on a rebuilding team? That's worth $5.8 million per season.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
His contract wasn't very tradeable due to the AAV and years, but he earned every dollar of that deal. A good two-way player who can score 20 goals and provide leadership on a rebuilding team? That's worth $5.8 million per season.
agreed. the hate he gets here has never made sense to me. he's a consistent player, defensively sound, good locker room guy, and good leader. i believe it was the covid year (or year after?) where his play faltered, which is understandable imo.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
agreed. the hate he gets here has never made sense to me. he's a consistent player, defensively sound, good locker room guy, and good leader. i believe it was the covid year (or year after?) where his play faltered, which is understandable imo.
He can be streaky, but he's always been that way. There were times last season when he stepped up to defend his teammates (when other players did not), especially the younger players. He's not a fighter or enforcer at all and shouldn't have to throw punches or rough up someone to send a message, but he did.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Ducks all time top 10 in shooting percentage (at least 300 games):

1. Adam Henrique (15.8%)
2. Teemu Selanne (15.4%)
3. Bobby Ryan (14.1%)
4. Saku Koivu (13.6%)
5. Steve Rucchin (13.3%)
6. Corey Perry (13.0%)
7. Paul Kariya (12.2%)
8. Derek Grant (12.0%)
9. Chris Kunitz (11.7%)
10. Rickard Rakell (11.3%)

* Troy Terry currently sits at 275 games is bound to rank 4th on that list when he gets to 300 games.

Pretty wild that Grant ranks number eight too.

Can you filter Rickard Rakell's shooting percentage when being down by 2 or more after doing nothing all game and in the final 10 minutes of a game? I'd wager it's around 20%.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Just Keep Coasting Just Keep Coasting. LA LA LA . lol he better put up a better effort for the regular season..

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
A solid trade chip in 3-4 months when we're out of it. Verbeek will be licking his chops if he has 20+ goals by then.

I hope they put him on a line with Zegras or Terry

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Daz28

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Henrique has been good enough for the Ducks. When he is hot he is more engaged and his contract is not an albatross. In the ene Strome’s contract will probably be worse.

But just to temper some of the exuberance for Rico, he was waived in 2021 and cleared waivers.

That said, he’ll probably get scooped up if moved at the TDL, which may not be a certainty if he chooses to stay for a discount.

John

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Henrique has been good enough for the Ducks. When he is hot he is more engaged and his contract is not an albatross. In the ene Strome’s contract will probably be worse.

But just to temper some of the exuberance for Rico, he was waived in 2021 and cleared waivers.

That said, he’ll probably get scooped up if moved at the TDL, which may not be a certainty if he chooses to stay for a discount.

John

Hmm, a $5M+ per year player who got waived halfway into his second season of the contract, which lit a fire under his ass and got him to manageable middle-6 production the rest of the way? I see another player whose trajectory is mirroring that scenario almost identically (edit: I see you mentioned him in Paragraph 1)

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I actually think Mac and Killorn play a similar game compared to Z-Carlsson-Terry. The Mac line will be the power line and the Big Carl line is the finesse line, essentially a lightning and thunder offensive lines.
True, I thought about balancing each lineup a little, but having a fast/skilled line and a heavier skilled line would work too. And if Carlsson/Terry can boost Henriques points, he might have more value at the TDL.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
A solid trade chip in 3-4 months when we're out of it. Verbeek will be licking his chops if he has 20+ goals by then.

I hope they put him on a line with Zegras or Terry
Early indication is he could mostly play on the 3rd line. If you think about it, he's our #3LW behind Killorn and Zegras.

However, I don't expect us to be healthy all the year :laugh: So he should get his looks in top6 & 2PP. Also, I wonder if he could play RW a bit, I think he had done it before. In that case, he could take the 2RW role, perhaps.

Overall, I love Rico, he's a good player but ofc it makes sense for both sides to part ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00