Adam Hall

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Dressing Rinaldo is enough. Having Rosehill there is just redundant. Especially when you have guys like Simmonds and Hartnell that will drop the gloves too. Just because Rosehill is good at throwing punches, doesn't mean he's a better option than someone who is a better all around player.

I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

You need a good mix of talent to survive an 82 game season. There is a big difference between Rinaldo and Rosehill. I like that Rosehill doesn't fight just for the sake of fighting. He normally fights when standing up for a team mate like Rinaldo. A guy like Rosehill let's a guy like Rinaldo run around and not have to answer to guys like Glass, Volpatti, Erskine Boulton, Carkner, Jannsen, Neal, Kassian, Thorton, Lucic, etc.

Playoff time you can roll with Rafl or pick up a veteran fourth liner.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Rosehill has not been terrible when he's been on the ice. Yeah, you'd like to see a guy who can pick up some defensive minutes, but it's obviously not happening. We could do a lot worse than Rosehill.

I'm not really a fan of Rosehill's but I have to agree he really hasn't been too bad. He can at least skate, get in a forecheck, & occasionally get a scoring chance that doesn't amount to anything.

I guess years of watching Shelley out there really lowers the bar for our standards when it comes to actual hockey skill & goons.

I would still like Berube to mix it up a little & put Raffl in, there's no point of sitting him in the press box, at least send him down if you don't have any intentions of playing him.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
Raffl offers more, and is much less likely to take dumb penalties. Rosehill should only be playing against other teams with goons like Toronto.

I don't get this thinking. If you believe Toronto is handicapping themselves by giving roster spots and shifts away to untalented goons, why do them the favor of reciprocating? That's just buying into the logic of the goon arms race. Take advantage of Toronto by using the most efficient roster construction you're capable of (that means Raffl over Rosehill, for starters).

As for Adam Hall, he's been fantastic over this stretch. Turning incredibly lopsided zone starts into positive Corsi by winning draws and moving the puck forward.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't get this thinking. If you believe Toronto is handicapping themselves by giving roster spots and shifts away to untalented goons, why do them the favor of reciprocating? That's just buying into the logic of the goon arms race. Take advantage of Toronto by using the most efficient roster construction you're capable of (that means Raffl over Rosehill, for starters).

Guys like Colton Orr don't give a **** about what he does out there, someone will have to stand up to him & then sit in the box for it. I rather it be Rosehill than anybody else on this team.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I'm not really a fan of Rosehill's but I have to agree he really hasn't been too bad. He can at least skate, get in a forecheck, & occasionally get a scoring chance that doesn't amount to anything.

I guess years of watching Shelley out there really lowers the bar for our standards when it comes to actual hockey skill & goons.

I would still like Berube to mix it up a little & put Raffl in, there's no point of sitting him in the press box, at least send him down if you don't have any intentions of playing him.

This.
Burying a Rookie in the press box is just plain stupid. They better call up Newbury to ride the pine if Chiefs wants to keep Rosehill in the lineup long term.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Rosehill has decent skating and talent for a goon. It's the lack of discipline that makes we want him to sit as a healthy scratch more often than not. Especially since Rinaldo has regressed in that area this year.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
Guys like Colton Orr don't give a **** about what he does out there, someone will have to stand up to him & then sit in the box for it. I rather it be Rosehill than anybody else on this team.

the flyers dont need rosehill vs toronto
when the flyers have the "enforcer" raffl :sarcasm::biglaugh:

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
You need a good mix of talent to survive an 82 game season. There is a big difference between Rinaldo and Rosehill. I like that Rosehill doesn't fight just for the sake of fighting. He normally fights when standing up for a team mate like Rinaldo. A guy like Rosehill let's a guy like Rinaldo run around and not have to answer to guys like Glass, Volpatti, Erskine Boulton, Carkner, Jannsen, Neal, Kassian, Thorton, Lucic, etc.

Playoff time you can roll with Rafl or pick up a veteran fourth liner.

i disagree, rinaldo can fight a MW like glass,neal...

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia

No, no one has to. Enforcement of the instigator and roughing rules takes care of that. Rosehill tried to start a fight two times in the Sabres game, was refused, and cost the Flyers a 2-min PP the second time. Boulton tried to fight Rosehill in the Islanders game, but he refused. Useless enforcers only become "relevant" if you're interested in playing that game with them. I wish the Flyers were more interested in adding a useful skater to the roster instead.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No, no one has to. Enforcement of the instigator and roughing rules takes care of that. Rosehill tried to start a fight two times in the Sabres game, was refused, and cost the Flyers a 2-min PP the second time. Boulton tried to fight Rosehill in the Islanders game, but he refused. Useless enforcers only become "relevant" if you're interested in playing that game with them. I wish the Flyers were more interested in adding a useful skater to the roster instead.

Well Vorceck felt the need to stick up for Giroux last year then spent 15+ minutes in the box on top of risking an injury when going up against a guy who regularly fights.

I rather it be Rosehill than him or anybody else for that matter.

I don't believe in dressing Rosehill regularly but until the "goon" is completely phased out he still serves a purpose on the roster whether people here like to admit it or not.

Last edited:

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Anyone besides me hope they bring him back for another year? Although, he hasn't been resigned yet.

He is still very good in the face offs. And, I thought he did a great job on some of the penalty kills during the playoffs.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Too slow, we want to get faster but we want him to come back and play fourth line minutes? I think he will get a contract from someone next year but he has lost any speed he has. He is one of the reasons that fourth line is hemmed in so much as well. He doesn't have the speed to keep up with the play anymore. PK is good for him because he has specific places he needs to be. Liked the guy and the hockey player but it's time to get some speed there on the fourth line.

Like some else proposed before, I would love to see a 4th line of

Raffl-Laughton-Rasmussen

Speed/grit/size. They also all can PK as well. That would be a pretty nice fourth line who can also chip in offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad