Value of: Adam Gaudette to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Not likely to be traded. Has totally surpassed expectations and is a position highly sought after.

Will probably end up a good #3 center but he has a good deal of potential.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
7th overall and Gaudette for the 3rd overall and a 4th round pick

That's... actually not bad. 7th overall pick seems like where we could still easily get someone we really really like and Gaudette fills a need. Good offer, I might do that.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
That's... actually not bad. 7th overall pick seems like where we could still easily get someone we really really like and Gaudette fills a need. Good offer, I might do that.
Problem is Canucks don't want Zadina enough to do that. If there was a clear cut defender at 3 thats better than someone at 7, we would do that. We've got too many forward prospects. Only way is if svechnikov slips to 3rd. He's good enough that we would consider it

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Problem is Canucks don't want Zadina enough to do that. If there was a clear cut defender at 3 thats better than someone at 7, we would do that. We've got too many forward prospects. Only way is if svechnikov slips to 3rd. He's good enough that we would consider it

If Svech is that good, the chances are that he will be selected at #2.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I see we are past the playoff bubble/pretenders part of off season proposals and into “trade me your quality prospect for less than you used to draft him” part of the offseason. I can’t wait for take my 13 middle round picks for your Top10 draft pick era next week.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Gaudette just tore up the NCAA, so he has to have pretty decent value. Vancouver has Horvat, Sutter, Gaudette, and Pettersson at Center... which could be looked at as a good thing, or could mean one is expendable.

What would this cost the Habs?

Sutter will be gone in a few years, while Pettersson isn’t a lock to play at Center. He seems to be more comfortable on RW.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland

I see where you're coming from and if Svech slips to 3rd then no chance you're getting him from us with that offer.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
So there goes another team not in the market to trade a center. I wonder how many teams could afford to deal one. Sounds like last girl still at the bar at 3 am kind of situation.
Best analogy ever: even fat chicks need love too, but they have to pay!

Regardless, it would be dumb for us to move Gaudette at all. We need to give the guy a chance, especially after we burned an ELC year to let him see what the pace of the NHL is to be able to train this year. Gaudette looks like he could potentially be our Sutter replacement, hopefully with more offensive upside. In other words...."foundational player".

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
It would take an insane overpayment for the Canucks to listen. Kid just won a Hobey Baker after being a 5th rounder.

I'd think something like Mete + McNiven

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Drouin
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Lol in ur dreams buddy
What why? We already have Danault and Poehling for #3 C and possibly #2C. No need for Gaudette who will likely not be good enough to surpass Poehling or play on the top line. Easy pass.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
What why? We already have Danault and Poehling for #3 C and possibly #2C. No need for Gaudette who will likely not be good enough to surpass Poehling or play on the top line. Easy pass.

It's mostly the fact that Gaudette is further ahead in his development than Poehling and has upside too for the top 6. What if Poehling doesn't pan out like we hope him to? It's good to have depth. And the drop from 3rd to 7th is not that drastic.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
It's mostly the fact that Gaudette is further ahead in his development than Poehling and has upside too for the top 6. What if Poehling doesn't pan out like we hope him to? It's good to have depth. And the drop from 3rd to 7th is not that drastic.
Yes it is. Zadina is far superior. Also Poehling might not pan out but so can Gaudette. And as I said we already have Danualt.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Honest question, how does Adam Gaudette compares to Jimmy Vesey?? I remember Vesey being highly tooted as well. He had a similar season to Gaudette's a year before becoming a FA too. Now Vesey is a good player but not as shiny as he once was... soon to be 25 and has yet to break 30 pts in the show

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Who's we? The Canucks?

I agree we do decline that and laugh and laugh.

I don't think so. There's a decent-to-good chance that two of Lind/Gaudette/Virtanen don't stick around in the NHL. Then you're left with one that is probably not as good as Zadina.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Honest question, how does Adam Gaudette compares to Jimmy Vesey?? I remember Vesey being highly tooted as well. He had a similar season to Gaudette's a year before becoming a FA too. Now Vesey is a good player but not as shiny as he once was... soon to be 25 and has yet to break 30 pts in the show

I haven't watched Vesey play much, but Gaudette was touted for his two-way play and tenacity. He could end up becoming an elite #3 centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia