Adam Fox vs. Quinn Hughes

Better player going forward?

• Total voters

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
What? Fox plays almost 2 more minutes a game than Hughes (just under 25 minutes) and is up against the other teams top players all night, also in an arguably much better division.

Hughes is getting tougher minutes compared to what he was last season, thats what I meant here.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Objectively speaking, Quinn Hughes

Reactions: QJL

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Sophomore slump or exceptional rookie season?
I swear I saw a few threads talking about how great Quinn Hughes was because he had 100 points in 12- something odd games and when he was leading the league in scoring. I guess you can go from leading D-scorer to sophomore slump real quick. Funny enough, during this "slump", the Canucks play magically took off. Maybe the kid found the defensive zone.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
I think pendulum has swung the opposite way on Hughes this season, he was being hyped to the heavens last year, and is being trashed pretty harshly this season. He's an elite PP QB and very good offensively. Still, I take Fox because he's extremely good both ways and you can always count on him to make the right play in both ends, and his production is nothing to sneeze at. On a better PP he'd be racking up even more points. Hughes is definitely a huge part of Vancouver's PP but with Horvat, Boeser, EP, and Miller, they're guaranteed at least one PPG per game. Pretty jealous.

Lol, what? The Canucks have only scored a PPG in 17/37 games this year. Their PP is pretty abysmal actually. The system is formulaic and predictable. The only reason they aren't bottom of the league is sheer skill alone. It was even worse before they started to heat up in March. I have genuinely no idea how Newell Brown is still employed. He hasn't changed a thing in 10 years and is still riding the wave of the drop-pass entry.

Anyways, I take Fox now and Hughes moving forward. Hughes' potential is off the charts. Of course, he could just as easily turn into (or rather continue to be) a 1-dimensional offensive defenseman with elite PPQB skills and then Fox will always be superior.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Lol, what? The Canucks have only scored a PPG in 17/37 games this year. Their PP is pretty abysmal actually. The system is formulaic and predictable. The only reason they aren't bottom of the league is sheer skill alone. It was even worse before they started to heat up in March. I have genuinely no idea how Newell Brown is still employed. He hasn't changed a thing in 10 years and is still riding the wave of the drop-pass entry.

Anyways, I take Fox now and Hughes moving forward. Hughes' potential is off the charts. Of course, he could just as easily turn into (or rather continue to be) a 1-dimensional, PPQB and then Fox will always be superior.
Really? I feel like every time I see the Canucks their PP is doing damage

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Really? I feel like every time I see the Canucks their PP is doing damage

You could make that argument last year but it has severely regressed this year. Even last year was problematic though. They feasted on a handful of teams and were mediocre against any decent PK. For reference, 10/57 of their PPG came against Nashville (10/13), 5 against Los Angeles (5/9), and 5 against Detroit (5/10). Simply removing those three teams drops them from 4th in the league (24.2%) to 21st (18.3%).

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
They still are.

Nope, they aren't. Fox is right there with Hughes - and is better than him this season. Deal with it, lol.

As for the poll, I do think Hughes can be a little better offensive player, but Fox will be better defensively. Fox also has an underrated high IQ and is so good at controlling offensive play.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
Nope, they aren't. Fox is right there with Hughes - and is better than him this season. Deal with it, lol.

As for the poll, I do think Hughes can be a little better offensive player, but Fox will be better defensively. Fox also has an underrated high IQ and is so good at controlling offensive play.
I disagree. Deal with it :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad