Confirmed with Link: Adam Fox Re-Signed

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I'm all for being bullish on the team, but when really have no plan for a 2C after this season, you don't have a cup winning core. They still have to figure out what they're doing at the center position long term. And as much as I want Chytil to be that guy, he has yet to prove he is.

It's a major issue right now unless Strome takes a huge discount.

I think Kakko and Laf are also important to the franchise, but am willing to be quite a bit more patient with them since the winger position is less important to a team's success, and we can afford another year for them to ripen.

Overall, I like the shape of the team. But you can't really say you have a cup winning core of players without the centers to back it up.

They have some high end wingers locked down - the potential for two more on the way - and a core of 4 defensemen, maybe even more than that if their prospects do well, and 4 years of a potential vezina candidate at this rate.

But without a good 2C, that's really not enough to win.

I agree that 2C is needs to be addressed, and i believe it will. The Rangers still have Cap Space, prospect and picks to do it. Its clearly a priority for them considering the persistent Eichel rumors and finishing second in the Danault sweepstakes. Its also not unheard of to rely on strong wing depth to win Cups, Chicago won 3 with different middle 6 centers every time.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
You could've stopped here. We simply disagree on the capability of the core in place. Nothing wrong with that.

Right, and that's fine, I'm just saying, there is kinda a study that has itemized the talent level of all the winners and we fall short of it.

Again, that's not determinative. We could be a one-off.

But why is that what we are settling for?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
If he is not at the all-star weekend this year for the Rangers Ill be shocked.

Fox and Kreider to the All-Star as Rangers representatives in my opinion

Could Shesterkin get some votes??

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
finished-charlie-snoopy-dancing.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad