Injury Report: Adam Fox on IR

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
giphy.gif

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Fox was getting bodied more and more in recent games. His elusiveness and ability to escape hits waned a bit. He also didn't shoot the puck a whole lot, though he's not a heavy shot to begin with, so it's less of a reason for an injury he might've been harboring. Some here commented that he hasn't looked himself. Last night's contact might've been the hit that pushed some lingering things over the line.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This'll be our excuse if he misses the Norris this season.

Never a good thing to lose your best player, but this will allow the team to let Trouba do what he was initially brought here to do for a few weeks, while we give a little more responsibility to the kids.

Hopefully he's fully healthy and rested after the break.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This'll be our excuse if he misses the Norris this season.

Never a good thing to lose your best player, but this will allow the team to let Trouba do what he was initially brought here to do for a few weeks, while we give a little more responsibility to the kids.

Hopefully he's fully healthy and rested after the break.
Funny enough, I want more Schneider, not Trouba

Ultimately, why I also expect Jones to be dressed.

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Funny enough, I want more Schneider, not Trouba

Ultimately, why I also expect Jones to be dressed.

I think Schneider will get the biggest minutes boost in aggregate. Trouba's assignments will be tougher, and he'll have a bit more PP time.

Question will be whether Hajek or Schneider see more PK time. Could see Gallant going Miller-Trouba Lindgren-Hajek on the PK

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
tbh you saw it coming... not the best build for it and it's the first time encountering this much hockey. He's playing A LOT. With limited time off.

I still dont understand how the players union is OK with this scheduling

He is not all that quick, fast or strong. Fox has gotten by with feints and really excellent positioning, but opposing teams have been laying the body on him, even at the risk him making a play. He has been laboring for awhile now. As long as the injury is not serious, this could be a blessing in disguise.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He is not all that quick, fast or strong. Fox has gotten by with feints and really excellent positioning, but opposing teams have been laying the body on him, even at the risk him making a play. He has been laboring for awhile now. As long as the injury is not serious, this could be a blessing in disguise.

I agree. He needs a maintenance break.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
My hope is that he is on IR because of the schedule, and not because of the severity of the injury.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad