Confirmed with Link: Adam Engström signs 3 year ELC

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That isn't true though.

We currently have 10 D under contract with 3 RFAs. Even if we sign all 3 (Norlinder is a ?), we would be at 13 which is not enough for both the NHL and AHL.

You want around 16 D planned for the NHL/AHL, ideally with at least 1 or 2 more in TR.
You don't want 16 Ds, if the majority of them require ice time to develop no. I counted 14 with all RFAs qualified. It would be fine if more than just Norlinder was going to be depth at best, but it's not the case.

They will have to trade, or some will just go unqualified.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

No EU reassignment clause, the intention is for him to go to Laval.

Laval should have a solid D group next year.

Hutson and Reinbacher

Engstrom and Mailloux

Trudeau and ????

Reactions: Rozz

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
That isn't true though.

We currently have 10 D under contract with 3 RFAs. Even if we sign all 3 (Norlinder is a ?), we would be at 13 which is not enough for both the NHL and AHL.

You want around 16 D planned for the NHL/AHL, ideally with at least 1 or 2 more in TR.
Some of the AHL Ds should be vets or on AHL contracts. You don't want them all to be rookies or with 1-2 years of experience.

Reactions: Runner77

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Great news!

Member when the QC media blew a gasket because they did not draft Dumais?

Pepperidge farm remembers

• Haha
Reactions: Rozz

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hopefully he doesn't bust like all our other former Swedish hyped prospects!

It would be refreshing.

Part of that is because the Habs have never really invested a whole lot in the Swedish regions. Most of their picks out of that country are mid round picks.

I don't think they have drafted a swede in the first round since the 80s.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Part of that is because the Habs have never really invested a whole lot in the Swedish regions. Most of their picks out of that country are mid round picks.

I'm still super disappointed with Collberg. I was soooo happy when we picked him :(

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm still super disappointed with Collberg. I was soooo happy when we picked him :(
Colbert was a learning lesson about what kind of players translate to the NHL level.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
That isn't true though.

Norlinder is out imo. I'm almost sure he's not part of any plan anymore.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
AHL, he would have been in the AHL at the end of this year if his team didn't go on a run
How much time in te AHL an euro player needs to adapt to the NA hockey rinks and style of play?

If he stays in Sweden, that's another year and then another year in AHL, it means he can play for the Habs in 26-27.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Laval should have a solid D group next year.

Hutson and Reinbacher

Engstrom and Mailloux

Trudeau and ????
I could see Tourigny get a chance. He's small but played bigger than expected in 3R, the opposite of Parker-Jones.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How much time in te AHL an euro player needs to adapt to the NA hockey rinks and style of play?

If he stays in Sweden, that's another year and then another year in AHL, it means he can play for the Habs in 26-27.

Godin just mentioned the org wants him in the AHL. Typically it takes a month or so for them to get acclimated, I would expect half a season to really express their game properly.

They think highly of him and no doubt he's close already to seeing NHL Time.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So crowded. That's just insane.

I can't see Hugues not trading one or two of them.

It can be crowded when they are all NHL ready and touching prime. However, there is a lot of overlap in development in terms of who is ready first.

I'm sure we will work out some trades but we shouldn't be that obsessive with it yet. Other GM's are going to circle like vultures trying to acquire for cheap.

Reactions: dinodebino

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

Their Finnish picks have been few and far between as well. They were total morons for ignoring the region for so long.

Reactions: Runner77 and Habs13

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
i think Hutson won't see Laval. But we'll see in camp!

I would advise looking at his points and offense only. When watching him next year in preseason games, look for his D coverage and how to handle bigger physical forwards. That's a major development area for Hutson.

Last thing we need is to have him earn a D spot by offense only. That's what the Leafs do bud.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You don't want 16 Ds, if the majority of them require ice time to develop no. I counted 14 with all RFAs qualified. It would be fine if more than just Norlinder was going to be depth at best, but it's not the case.

They will have to trade, or some will just go unqualified.

If no one ever get injured, sure, but we both know that isn't the case.

Starting the year with 14 D or less at the NHL/AHL level means you have given up on your AHL team.

Reactions: Eegs and Runner77

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Norlinder is out imo. I'm almost sure he's not part of any plan anymore.

My thoughts as well.

They will however sign (to NHL or AHL contracts) some vets and maybe some UDFA and Tourigny.

Combining NHL and AHL contracts, I expect us to have 16-20 D under contracts, including a few in TR.

Reactions: Runner77

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If no one ever get injured, sure, but we both know that isn't the case.

Starting the year with 14 D or less at the NHL/AHL level means you have given up on your AHL team.
It means you get ready to recall Ds from Trois-Riviere. Offering more opportunities, is not a bad thing for a development team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad