Recalled/Assigned: Adam Edström and Jonny Brodzinski called up, Connor Mackey sent down

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
Fox is back that’s all that matters.

Kakko will be back in probably three months

Chytil back most likely in late January.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yeah I have no idea how any of this works.

Everytime I feel like I'm starting to get it, something like this happens and it turns out that I don't.
LTIR cap space is determined by adding the player's cap hit to the total we are spending. So if we had 3 mil in cap space, putting Kakko on LTIR wouldn't add any cap space (80.5 + 2.1 < 83.5).

The idea is to get as close to the 83.5 mil cap as possible before putting Kakko on LTIR in order to maximize the LTIR space.

Reactions: egelband

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It's amazing to me how many times we've got Brodz through waivers.

I don't care about him tearing up the AHL but he is a solid 12th forward

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I don't understand the need to shit on a player just because he's not an NHL regular. The guy is a fantastic player at the AHL level and he's helping our prospects develop in a winning environment.
But the moment he’s brought up his value is gone. And really I’m getting shit for “shitting on” Jonny Brodzinski? Really? After the loads of crap that’s been piled on NHL players on this board for years? Brodzinski ? Hah

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brodz may have minimal value as an NHL player but he definitely has value as an organizational guy. He's been on an NHL contract since his ELC in 2015. Excellent AHL player and willing mentor to young players. Good guy to have around. It's too bad he never found the offense at the NHL level.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Brodz may have minimal value as an NHL player but he definitely has value as an organizational guy. He's been on an NHL contract since his ELC in 2015. Excellent AHL player and willing mentor to young players. Good guy to have around. It's too bad he never found the offense at the NHL level.
All worthy attributes to be celebrated in the thread announcing he’s going back to Hartford.

Reactions: jaywills1020

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Wasn't expecting Edstrom. I hope he gets a least a couple games. I'm interested to see how he does.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Brodzinski was just about the last forward we sent down from training camp. Like it or not Laviolette liked him a lot. If I remember he played at least 4 of our 6 preseason games so being surprised about his recall especially after he's been burning up the AHL is kind of mystifying. And mind if he plays for us again producing offense is not the main reason he'll be in the lineup. He's going to almost certainly be on the 4th line doing grunt and grind work. The same if Edstrom plays really. But Brodzinski's been through this before and knows that and he's trusted by the coaching staff. Keep also in mind in Hartford he does everything. A regular on the power play and a regular on the penalty kill. He's the go to all situation player there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad