My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
59 points in the AHL last year

59...Damn

Last edited:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
59 points in 74 games played in the AHL last year really gets me excited. I don't think Forsling would be able to put up those kind of numbers in the second third/forth best league in the world.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Offense is elite at the AHL level. Was 2nd in the AHL in scoring by a defenseman last year and was 7th leaguewide in U24 scoring including forwards.

But it makes you wonder why Chicago didn't make room for him or even give him more than 4 games. Hope he's not another Gragnani.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Offense is elite at the AHL level. Was 2nd in the AHL in scoring by a defenseman last year and was 7th leaguewide in U24 scoring including forwards.

But it makes you wonder why Chicago didn't make room for him or even give him more than 4 games. Hope he's not another Gragnani.
They have loads of depth and players that they felt were probably more suitable to their roles. Runblad's finally starting to put it together. It's also about waive eligibility. This trade is almost identical of the 2nd rounder for Vey.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
fx5tNAv.gif

tumblr_nfe6py51PT1tv56dmo1_500.gif

I don't mind having him on our powerplay :yo:

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
They have loads of depth and players that they felt were probably more suitable to their roles. Runblad's finally starting to put it together. It's also about waive eligibility. This trade is almost identical of the 2nd rounder for Vey.
Pretty much. We're talking about a team that had to give up Nick Leddy because of their logjam at defense.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The only thing I hate about this trade is his name. Clendening is a terrible hockey name.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
At this point in time, this is a very good trade for us. Forsling still has a lot of development to do, and we are sorely lacking an offensive force in the back during PP.

Forsling will be missed, but not for long.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
This looks like a very astute trade on paper, could be Benning's new Krug. He also seems to have excellent PPQB skills.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
He was one of the many leaders in the Shots on Goal category last year in the AHL

you know if he loads up, it's probably getting on goal

Jun 15, 2014
Looks like his defensive game is an issue.. Obviously didn't get a longer shot with the big club because of CHI's depth at the RD spot.

Hope he figures the defensive side of his game out. I remember Gragnani.

Any word on his play this season thus far? Why does he only have 13pts in 38gp?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
With the Canucks PP being so terrible lately, have to think this is a trade Benning made to try and fix it. Clendening is a good PPQB. This year in Rockford though, TJ Brennan was acquired and given the PPQB duties, therefore, probably why Clendening's numbers are down so low.

Jun 15, 2014
With the Canucks PP being so terrible lately, have to think this is a trade Benning made to try and fix it. Clendening is a good PPQB. This year in Rockford though, TJ Brennan was acquired and given the PPQB duties, therefore, probably why Clendening's numbers are down so low.

Hm, that sure makes sense. Thanks.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Looks like his defensive game is an issue.. Obviously didn't get a longer shot with the big club because of CHI's depth at the RD spot.

Hope he figures the defensive side of his game out. I remember Gragnani.

Any word on his play this season thus far? Why does he only have 13pts in 38gp?

Gragnani was older when we acquired him though. Clendening still has time to improve.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Except this time we gave up what was our 5th rounder in that draft, much better trade here :)

Jun 15, 2014
Gragnani was older when we acquired him though. Clendening still has time to improve.

Yeah, I guess it's just reactionary given that we swapped and 18 y/o for a 22 y/o who seem to be the same type of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad