Actor Julian Sands is missing

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (AP) — Actor Julian Sands, star of several Oscar-nominated films including “A Room With a View,” has been missing for five days in the Southern California mountains, where he was hiking, authorities said Wednesday.

Sands, 65, was reported missing Friday on a trail on Mt. Baldy, San Bernardino County sheriff’s spokeswoman Gloria Huerta said.

Search and rescue crews looked for Sands in the area of the San Gabriel Mountains, about 40 miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles, but had to suspend the ground search on Saturday because of trail conditions and avalanche risks, and have not been able to resume since, Huerta said.

They are searching for Sands as weather allows with helicopters and drones, and will resume the ground search when it’s safe, authorities said.

The latest in a series of storms that have created dangerous mountain conditions swept into Southern California on Friday and lasted through the weekend. Two other hikers have recently died in the area.

Hopefully they find him but given the conditions and fact he has not been heard from or sighted has to be very concerning for his loved one's.

Last edited:

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
People were warned not to hike there at the time
I live in the foothills not too far away and it has been very cold at night and has rained and/or snowed since Friday. I wouldn't expect a happy ending out of this, unfortunately.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
apparently he's an avid and very experienced mountaineer who has climbed all over the world. unfortunately, i don't expect any good news at this point considering how long it's been

he was great in a room with a view and i believe he was in leaving las vegas too

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Carry a handgun if you go to the wilderness, folks. Rescue is tenuous once you leave civilization.
It can save your life if you run into an aggressive predator, animal or human. It can also be used as a signal device if you get into trouble, say falling down the side of a hill into a gully and you cant escape because you broke your leg.
Be prepared. Especially if you are a little older.
I hope the guy makes it out.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Warlock was one of my favourite movies growing up.

I hope for the best, but 11 days seems way too long to be missing and still be alive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad