Active player comparable to Rafalski

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Impact Wise? Suter, Rafalski was that damn good overall. Obviously, Suter was better in his own end, while Rafalski was a better skater and much better on the PP/overall-offensively.

Similar playing style wise? Better defensive Shattenkirk/younger Visnovsky-Markov.

Rafalski was damn good, often underrated because he played with the Devils/Wings and with great partners, but he more then held his own with them.

SenatorArmy*

I was surprised at how early Rafalski retired. I mean he put up 48 points in 63 games in his last season. Could have easily gone another couple seasons at least.

BudMovin*

I was surprised at how early Rafalski retired. I mean he put up 48 points in 63 games in his last season. Could have easily gone another couple seasons at least.

Probably wanted to spend more time with his family.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As an Avs fan the first person to pop into mind for me was Tyson Barrie.

Similarly sized, and play the game a lot alike. Barrie has a long way to go before he reaches Rafalski's level Defensively. But he plays a lot like him in all 3 zones.

From around the league, Kevin Shattenkirk is a very good comparison. Shatty is already on Rafalski's level Offensively, and he's slowly getting there Defensively too.

Vatanen is another good example.

MovesLikeJagr68

Mar 26, 2012
When GoGo was on the Pens I always saw him as someone who could end up as a Rafalski clone.

- Both from northern US states.
- Both about same height and weight.
- Both started balding at younger ages.
- Both great skaters.
- Both their names end in 'ski

Haven't followed his progression in Dallas much, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume he's not quite at that same level :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad