Active HOF'ers 30 & Older

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Kovalchuk is back and will likely end his career with 500 goals & assists and 1000 games. Should be enough.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
With the recent Hall of Fame announcement, it got me wondering about active players who are Hall of Fame worthy. Right now I would like to keep it to players 30 and older. I have broken the list into locks and questionable. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Is there anyone on the questionable list who should be moved to locks? Is there someone I am missing at all?

Locks:

Patrice Bergeron
Sidney Crosby
Pavel Datsyuk
Evgeni Malkin
Joe Thornton
Jonathan Toews
Marian Hossa
Patrick Kane
Alex Ovechkin
Henrik Zetterberg
Zdeno Chara
Duncan Keith
Henrik Lundqvist
Roberto Luongo

On the Fence:

Ryan Getzlaf
Anze Kopitar
Shea Weber
Marc Andre-Fleury
Carey Price

Unlikely:

Claude Giroux
Corey Perry
Brent Burns
Ryan Suter
Jonathan Quick

I think this is a pretty good list, I would switch Kopitar to a lock and Marc Andre-Fleury to unlikely and Quick to on the fence. Nice job.

Reactions: NJRangers35

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks. I have now made additional changes to the list. I really appreciate everyone's feedback on this.

Locks:

Patrice Bergeron
Sidney Crosby
Pavel Datsyuk
Anze Kopitar
Evgeni Malkin
Joe Thornton
Jonathan Toews
Marian Hossa
Patrick Kane
Alex Ovechkin
Henrik Zetterberg
Zdeno Chara
Duncan Keith
Henrik Lundqvist
Roberto Luongo

On the Fence:

Ryan Getzlaf
Patrick Marleau
Ilya Kovalchuk
Shea Weber
Carey Price
Jonathan Quick

Unlikely:

Claude Giroux
Corey Perry
Brent Burns
Ryan Suter
Marc Andre-Fleury

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
and Malkin was excluded from that list.

Would you disagree that Malkin is not a lock for the HHoF?

Malkin was always a lock in my opinion.
I think the voters probably caught up after the Pens' 2nd or 3rd cup.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Alternately, Iginla-Gadda-Da-Vida.

Others:

The Toews They Are a-Changin'
Keith on Loving You
Letang it Be
I've Benn Thinking About You
Who Could Ever Doughty My Love
Love That Burns
Price of Love
Every Rose Has Its Thornton
Knockin' on Hedman's Door

I can do this all day.

We Kane work it out
Beer for my Hossas

Reactions: mja

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
There is a good chance that Quick will be the top American in wins and possibly shutouts if he remains effective over the next few seasons. No Vezina but some Jennings and, of course, a Smythe with insane numbers in 2012 and two cups.

He is going to have a strong case. Media rep as the best big game goalie will help as well.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Alternately, Iginla-Gadda-Da-Vida.

Others:

The Toews They Are a-Changin'
Keith on Loving You
Letang it Be
I've Benn Thinking About You
Who Could Ever Doughty My Love
Love That Burns
Price of Love
Every Rose Has Its Thornton
Knockin' on Hedman's Door

I can do this all day.

Bergeron my Wayward Son

Reactions: mja

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
There is a good chance that Quick will be the top American in wins and possibly shutouts if he remains effective over the next few seasons. No Vezina but some Jennings and, of course, a Smythe with insane numbers in 2012 and two cups.

He is going to have a strong case. Media rep as the best big game goalie will help as well.

Quick's playoff performances should be enough, I mean looking at Vezina's you would think Bob was some God and Quick was a bum, but looking at playoff performances, you'd realize just the opposite. Quick needs 120 more wins to be top 10 in that category and he should be able to do it with ease, so IMO he gets in EZ.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

chatty4756

Apr 6, 2016
I see marleau is on the fence now which is fine, do people realize that he is only 2 1/2 seasons away from breaking howes most games played record. If he does break that record should not make him a lock for the hall. How do you keep the leader with the most games played at what could be over 1800 games out of there? If he plays 78 games this year he will pass ray bourque, larry murphy, scott stevens, dave andreychuk, chris chelios and mark recchi to slide into number 5 all time, thats some pretty elite company

Reactions: Phu

LaFan1967

Sep 2, 2007
Getzlaf is a lock

Why ?
Best season 91 points , no induvial trophy's , never lead the league in
any category, sub 1.00 ppg. great player but HOF worthy ? one Stanley Cup
when he was the leading team scorer with 17 points in 21 games isn't going
to cut it.
NHL Totals 917247628875
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Lol at kopitar being anything but a first ballot lock.

Sundin getting in on the first ballot simply for playing most of his years in Toronto has opened the door for a lot of the current guys that are better than Sundin was

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
His cups will put him into the HOF no doubt. I might be murdered for suggesting this, but should Toews really be in the HOF? His stats are going to be extremely weak unless he turns his career around pretty soon here.

That's why including him in the NHL's Top 100 was so monumentally stupid. Toews got in because he was the captain of the best team (at the time of that list being compiled).

If a players' entire resume is built off of the number of Cups they've won, and not based on the numerous individual trophies/accolades they've received, then they shouldn't be in the HoF.

LaFan1967

Sep 2, 2007
Kopitar is very close to being a lock , 2 Conn Smyth worthy Cup runs ,
2x Selke winner ( and finalist ) , Would Slovenia even have been to the
Olympic's if not for him ? ( it's the Hockey Hall of Fame not just NHL ).

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Interesting that there was a thread this past season with people saying Perry is a hall of famer because of his Hart Trophy and some high scoring seasons. Now everyone is acknowledging that his game has fallen off a cliff?

By the way, Getzlaf probably gets in eventually. Dominant big playmaking center for a long time regardless of no personal trophies.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Interesting that there was a thread this past season with people saying Perry is a hall of famer because of his Hart Trophy and some high scoring seasons. Now everyone is acknowledging that his game has fallen off a cliff?

By the way, Getzlaf probably gets in eventually. Dominant big playmaking center for a long time regardless of no personal trophies.

Last year, I figured Perry would get in; and I still think he can, but he really seems to have fallen off considerably and his current trajectory doesn't look very promising. It shouldn't take him an amazing finish to his career for him to be inducted anyway, though.

Check out this thread.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...career-to-be-a-hhofer.2402573/#post-137148095

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
I think Perry will get in but it might take some time. That Hart will eventually get him in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad