Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
On another topic...

I like the guy...but what the **** has Jay Beagle done to stay on this roster this season over Latta?

He's not that skilled, but every time he's on the ice he seems like the Caps best board guy out there. That said, in answer to your question, not much.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Imagine there is a new GM at some point.

Imagine opportunity to trade for Semin arises at some point.

Would you?

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
It ****ing amazes me that people want Semin at $7.5 million. He's on pace for a 40 point season. Which amazingly is worse than his last two full seasons where he was a 50 point scorer.

Liberati0n*

:laugh:

Well then I take it all back!

I'm not even saying I want him back. He's probably past his prime and is overpaid. He's less overpaid (proportionally) than plenty of garbage on the Capitals now though, and Semin over some of them would be an extremely easy choice.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It ****ing amazes me that people want Semin at $7.5 million. He's on pace for a 40 point season. Which amazingly is worse than his last two full seasons where he was a 50 point scorer.

Not amazing....more like insane to want that guy back after his GM just called him out for what we've seen for how many years now? FANS are willing to overlook a lot of warts for some fancy dangles and a nice wrister.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
On another topic...

I like the guy...but what the **** has Jay Beagle done to stay on this roster this season over Latta?

Nothing. He can drive to the net and show intensity once in a while, but the guy can't score to save his life. A few games ago he had a superior scoring chance and couldn't convert.

As for the NYR/Nashville trade, I see it as a win/win for both teams.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Not amazing....more like insane to want that guy back after his GM just called him out for what we've seen for how many years now? FANS are willing to overlook a lot of warts for some fancy dangles and a nice wrister.

I'll take fancy dangles and a nice wrister for $7M over a press boxer for $4.5M, a grinder with groin issues at $4.5M, and a second line scrub at $3.67M.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia

I did ask a question. I do not advocate that.

There are not many consistent scorers out there, even for 7+.

At least Semin could be more available in theory.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I think GMGM got very little as a trade value in the system.

We could be at the point when we have to forget about proper player and have to pick from the pool where every candidate isn't good.

Semin-like (NO INTENSE, TM) - is a way to add skill.

Brouwer-like - to add grit.

1st step could be to try another coach (I mean, for next GM).

But someday you have to try another roster. I'm interested in which way would you think is the proper one.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I did ask a question. I do not advocate that.

There are not many consistent scorers out there, even for 7+.

At least Semin could be more available in theory.

I'll take whatever option three is.

Not trading Semin was one of George's many failures as GM of this team.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Brouwer's soul was crushed watching the Blackhawks win the Cup last year. He more or less said so himself.

Is hardly surprising he's so flat this year. It's obvious this team is a Paper Tiger. Been so for years. Now it's more like a Paper whatever the **** tigers eat.

When players like Mike Green are "leaders" on your squad you are squarely ****ed.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
You could take that 7 mil and build an entire 3rd line. Or put 5 mil towards a solid stay at home top 4 dman and have 2 mil for a 3rd line 2 way roll player. JMO

Liberati0n*

Brouwer's soul was crushed watching the Blackhawks win the Cup last year. He more or less said so himself.

Is hardly surprising he's so flat this year. It's obvious this team is a Paper Tiger. Been so for years. Now it's more like a Paper whatever the **** tigers eat.

Poor Brouwer. The team is really letting him down.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
IMO Caps clearly need more skill and especially scoring ability in the top-6. Laich, Brouwer, potentially MJ (if they keep using him at wing) need to be upgraded. Semin is probably not worth 7m, but even during a bad season, he'd probably be a better way to spend money than what the Caps are currently getting from Laich and Brouwer. Aside from scoring, these guys drag all linemates down in terms of scoring, whereas Semin had the opposite effect. Anyway, that ship has sailed..

It's gonna be tough to add skill & scoring, though. There's not many attractive UFAs and those will be expensive -- especially right after a cap increase, when all teams have tons of space to spend. And Caps don't have a lot of great trade assets. "All hope for Kuz".

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

Is hardly surprising he's so flat this year.
It's obvious this team is a Paper Tiger. Been so for years. Now it's more like a Paper whatever the **** tigers eat.

When players like Mike Green are "leaders" on your squad you are squarely ****ed.

Seriously, tears for Brouwer? I wonder what you would've said if Semin would've "more or less said" that his soul was crushed after some years of failure, like never having a decent center to play with. lol

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'll take fancy dangles and a nice wrister for $7M over a press boxer for $4.5M, a grinder with groin issues at $4.5M, and a second line scrub at $3.67M.

Why take the higher priced wrong solution for longer term? Glutton for punishment? I'll take door #3.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Seriously, tears for Brouwer? I wonder what you would've said if Semin would've "more or less said" that his soul was crushed after some years of failure, like never having a decent center to play with. lol

You don't see the difference in a guy being jealous of the team that drafted him and his ex-teammates and friends winning another Cup and a guy like Semin who just or performs well or doesn't based on if he gives a crap that particular day? I understand the Brouwer dislike because he's vocal and underperforming with the rest of the roster, but Semin isn't the right solution either. What's Semin's soul crushing experience, having to show up to get paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad