The Red Lines in my eyes are from all this crying
the Blue lines in my mind just leave me blue
Ace won't be skating down his wing tonight
on an Angel's flight is where he's headed to

September comes and always leaves me grieving
but fresh ice seems to always make me new
There's a full moon shining in the sky tonight
grinnin' big and bright and I know it's You

In Memory of Ace Bailey, Mark Bavis, Amy Sweeney and the many others we lost. And the families who remain that still carry the pain.
We will not forget you.

1662851107358.png

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Lisa was a friend an coworker. Perished on flight 77 into the Pentagon. RIP.

Genzyme Corp. (GENZ: Research, Estimates) said its senior vice president of government relations and company officer, Lisa Raines, was among the passengers on board American Airlines Flight 77. "Lisa was a great friend and a brilliant colleague. She was a tremendous advocate for this company and for the biotechnology industry, who worked tirelessly and effectively in Washington to ensure that the best medicines reached patients," said Genzyme Chairman and CEO Henri A. Termeer. "We will greatly miss her."

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
1662856010583.jpeg

My buddy took this pic from Point Lookout, Long Island, the evening of Sept. 11. I lost a good friend that day. He was born the day before me but now he’ll always be 25 years old. He was FDNY and a Long Beach lifeguard. One of the benches on the boardwalk has a plaque with his name. RIP Mike. God Bless.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Lisa was a friend an coworker. Perished on flight 77 into the Pentagon. RIP.

Genzyme Corp. (GENZ: Research, Estimates) said its senior vice president of government relations and company officer, Lisa Raines, was among the passengers on board American Airlines Flight 77. "Lisa was a great friend and a brilliant colleague. She was a tremendous advocate for this company and for the biotechnology industry, who worked tirelessly and effectively in Washington to ensure that the best medicines reached patients," said Genzyme Chairman and CEO Henri A. Termeer. "We will greatly miss her."
condolences

i can't imagine the terror those poor innocent victims went through in their final moments

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
The lights are shining down on center ice
and I looked twice but I don't see you
My eyes keep looking back there at the room
and I say a prayer that you'll come out soon

In Memory of Ace Bailey, Mark Bavis, Amy Sweeney and the many others we lost. And the families who remain that still carry the pain.
We will not forget you.

View attachment 583256
God Bless you guys. Watching "One Day in America " on national geographic channel

Native New Yorker, live in Carolina now.

Pain and sadness hits hard each year as if it was yesterday

Make every day count!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The 21st anniversary of 9/11 is upon us.

In the mid-'80s WPIX Channel 11 in New York created a long-running ad campaign that used the twin towers as a running gag to promote the number 11 and to this day the stations logo pays homage to the World Trade Center.

This clip was produced by WPIX in 2016 in part to show younger viewers how important the WTC was to New York from 1973 to 2001.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
They renamed the square at the entrance of the George Wight Golf Course in Roslindale after him last year. Mark grew up off of Poplar/West Street. I grew up a few streets away.
I think for many of us Bay Staters, there are a massive number of 9/11 victims (like the Marathon bombing) only a degree or two of separation, which makes for a rather intensely emotional experience each anniversary. It's more a personal thing than most of the rest of the country, except DC, NY, PA, etc.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
God Bless you guys. Watching "One Day in America " on national geographic channel

Native New Yorker, live in Carolina now.

Pain and sadness hits hard each year as if it was yesterday

Make every day count!
That special gets me every time. I’ve always felt so bad for the people at the people who interacted with them the day before and at the Portland, Maine airport.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was at work and the woman next to me got a call from her mother saying there was a terrible accident and a plane had hit the tower. I logged into CNN just in time to see the second plane hit....and knew it was no accident.

It always seemed to happen elsewhere, and I guess I realized that day we were not safe from terrorism.

It will always be a sad day and one I will never forget.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
The lights are shining down on center ice
and I looked twice but I don't see you
My eyes keep looking back there at the room
and I say a prayer that you'll come out soon

We will not forget you.

View attachment 583256
I served in the Army for 30 years, including 9/11, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Please excuse me for not clicking likes on the other excellent posts here. I remain ever hopeful that there is a special place in hell for all of the 9/11 evildoers and that they meet the Marathon bombers there as well.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I was coaching back then and we had practice that night. In the locker room I remember the unsettled look in the players eyes and knew I had to do or say something, but wasn't sure what.
I just couldn't do it, so I ripped up the practice notes and told them to go out and have a fun scrimmage by themselves. Funny what you remember about awful times.

aguineapig

I served in the Army for 30 years, including 9/11, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Please excuse me for not clicking likes on the other excellent posts here. I remain ever hopeful that there is a special place in hell for all of the 9/11 evildoers and that they meet the Marathon bombers there as well.
I feel it awkward to like certain posts as well but in this thread I feel it is in remembrance and reverence to those we lost and their families on that day. And to celebrate their lives not the evil that took them from us.

Everyone loved Ace. He and Johnny Pie were my favorites, they were the jolly jokers who kept it loose in the room.

The goal that Derek referred to against the Rangers was in Game 1 of the 72 Finals. Bruins had a 5-1 lead but the Rangers stormed back to tie it in the 3rd. But Ace made a fantastic outside-inside move around Brad Park and flipped the backhand home to avert disaster. The move was so good Donnie Marcotte used it in Gm 4 to score a shorty. Who knows how the series may have gone had Ace not scored that goal.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thank you for your service :)

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
That special gets me every time. I’ve always felt so bad for the people at the people who interacted with them the day before and at the Portland, Maine airport.
It's a rough day. I make 2 annual calls. Both NYPD retirees. One guy is down here and 9/11 haunts him to this day

Other is a lifelong buddy who i named my 14 year old son after. He told me he had to keep walking the the corner to look at the street signs to see where the hell he was. He used the word "surreal " when I finally reached him that night.

Last edited:

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I feel it awkward to like certain posts as well but in this thread I feel it is in remembrance and reverence to those we lost and their families on that day. And to celebrate their lives not the evil that took them from us.

Everyone loved Ace. He and Johnny Pie were my favorites, they were the jolly jokers who kept it loose in the room.

The goal that Derek referred to against the Rangers was in Game 1 of the 72 Finals. Bruins had a 5-1 lead but the Rangers stormed back to tie it in the 3rd. But Ace made a fantastic outside-inside move around Brad Park and flipped the backhand home to avert disaster. The move was so good Donnie Marcotte used it in Gm 4 to score a shorty. Who knows how the series may have gone had Ace not scored that goal.

I know you can’t tell tone from email, texts, etc., but I only meant that it felt weird for me to click like after the first one. I agree completely that those who passed deserve to be remembered with respect and celebration of their lives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad