OT: About to do an entry draft in a fantasy replay league, could use advice

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hey all, this fall, I'm going to be joining a fantasy replay league with some old friends. What does that mean?

* The stats that players put up in year X in the real NHL will then guide how your players do in the following season of replay
* There is no salary cap, so it's old-school dynasty building slash cup-or-bust cycles
* 32 NHL team turn into 12 replay teams so each team has about 2.5x the talent; a good third liner like Adam Lowry will prolly be a 4th line roleplay type on a cup winning team
* The stat engine reliably factors in intangibles, including time on ice and defensive play and special teams results, based on stats on this side of the Vietnam War :P

So I and a second owner are going to do a serpentine draft. Coin toss winner gets to choose "1" or "2-3" for their pick, then it's 1 / 23 / 45 / 67 / etc. etc.

I won't bore you with the game mechanics, because that's kind of my speciality. But what I want to ask of you all is, assuming you're looking at this from a strictly real life POV, what do you think of my 'tier list'? (Orange and Purple are going to be drafted in order, lower tiers will be drafted within tiers, but trying to balance position)

(full marks to any MMORPG fan who recognizes the color scheme :P)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 01.20.44.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 01.20.44.png
    322.8 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: SLAYER

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hey all, this fall, I'm going to be joining a fantasy replay league with some old friends. What does that mean?

* The stats that players put up in year X in the real NHL will then guide how your players do in the following season of replay
* There is no salary cap, so it's old-school dynasty building slash cup-or-bust cycles
* 32 NHL team turn into 12 replay teams so each team has about 2.5x the talent; a good third liner like Adam Lowry will prolly be a 4th line roleplay type on a cup winning team
* The stat engine reliably factors in intangibles, including time on ice and defensive play and special teams results, based on stats on this side of the Vietnam War :P

So I and a second owner are going to do a serpentine draft. Coin toss winner gets to choose "1" or "2-3" for their pick, then it's 1 / 23 / 45 / 67 / etc. etc.

I won't bore you with the game mechanics, because that's kind of my speciality. But what I want to ask of you all is, assuming you're looking at this from a strictly real life POV, what do you think of my 'tier list'? (Orange and Purple are going to be drafted in order, lower tiers will be drafted within tiers, but trying to balance position)

(full marks to any MMORPG fan who recognizes the color scheme :P)
hah, okay, I got befuddled by the "Nikita Big Zs" mixed up (Zaitzev / Zadorov), thanks for catching that.

Where do you like Tuch and Granlund, all in all?

Incidentally, if I don't get one of the top tier goalies, there's a contingency plan to trade for one of the many average goalies. The game mechanics are such that the difference between Saros and an average SV% goalie translates to about 1 goal every 2.5 games. Just with the rules of the simulations, goalies are pretty 'clumped'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad