Injury Report: Abdelkader expected to miss 2 weeks

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
i don't agree with it but i think they go with what they have now so they have 4 pkers on the lineup. taking andersson out would leave only glendening, miller and helm who have played significant minutes on the pk.

Sheahan is more than capable of being the 4th.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Hmm, never thought of that. I thought I saw Datsyuk out for a few PKs over the past few games. Or am I mistaken?

Nope, but Canucks didn't get a PP in the 3rd so we never got to that point.

I think Franzen would've been the logical choice. But with Andersson back in it's a non-question again.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
players who sign their ELC at 18 and were born between sept 15th and dec 31st, have their ELC slide on their draft +2 year (mantha drafted 2013 so this season, 14-15 for him) if they don't play 10 games in NHL.

same happened to frk last season and grabner while back. so it was in the previous CBA too.

it's pretty rare as players who usually sign their ELC at 18 years old are high picks who often make the NHL at 19 or they weren't born between sept 15th and dec 31st.

Ah, gotcha.

i don't agree with it but i think they go with what they have now so they have 4 pkers on the lineup. taking andersson out would leave only glendening, miller and helm who have played significant minutes on the pk.

Well, you still have Abdelkader, who has PK'd more than Helm this year. But really you want 5 PKers, so with Andersson out, someone has to slide into the rotation, yeah. Probably Datsyuk/Zetterberg.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
We mock the guy sometimes (okay most of the time) but he's playing his best hockey as a pro this season. Too bad he's going to miss some time...next man up.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
We have enough depth this year to avoid rushing players back and re-injuring themselves. I hope he takes his take and doesn't come back until he's completely healthy.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Well, you still have Abdelkader, who has PK'd more than Helm this year. But really you want 5 PKers, so with Andersson out, someone has to slide into the rotation, yeah. Probably Datsyuk/Zetterberg.

i'm talking about this period when abdelkader is out (if he's out for 2 weeks). whether to go with andersson or call up pulkkinen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
i'm talking about this period when abdelkader is out (if he's out for 2 weeks). whether to go with andersson or call up pulkkinen.

Sheahan is a great PK'er, even if he doesn't have the experience as an NHL'er. Think he could be plugged in and excel there.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Sheahab is a great PK'er, even if he doesn't have the experience as an NHL'er. Think he could be plugged in and excel there.

tatar has also been very good in international comps. i'd like to see him tried there.

but it's not what i'd do, it's what i think they'd do. and i don't think they call up pulks unless abby is out for a while and they struggle offensively.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Top six player injured, replace him with 14th forward grinder. Pulu has played met front guy and point guy in GR.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
tatar has also been very good in international comps. i'd like to see him tried there.

but it's not what i'd do, it's what i think they'd do. and i don't think they call up pulks unless abby is out for a while and they struggle offensively.

As much as I want to see Pulu brought up, We know how Holland runs this team. You're probably right.

I am not the guy who gets bent out of shape When Holland makes decision maximizing ELC's and leaving Waiver free options in the AHL.

I really am okay with Pulu playing 60-65 games in the AHL.

Where I get lost, is when we don't even bother to see what we have in a kid.

If Abd is out for 2ish weeks, why wouldn't we take a look at Pulu? It just seems silly

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Too bad for Abby, having a great season.

That bring us back to the canucks game. Bieska finished the game -3, we won the game 5-3, but lost a good player.
Fortunately we have enough depth in Andersson, Cleary, Pulkkinen and Mantha.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Knowing Holland unless we get another Injury, He will just go with Andersson in the lineup. But I would love to see Pulks in the lineup.

Sorry but probably not just Holland in this camp either. The D situation can be looked at differently as we know how much he likes Ouellet and dislikes Kindl for the most part. However, Babs is a pretty big fan of Andy and has complimented him a lot this year, plus I doubt he skips both Andy and Cleary. You have two decision makers in your way more than likely on this idea.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Oh right, well definitely Andersson :)

Keep scoring down in GR, Pukey!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Update from yesterday on Abby:

@HeleneStJames
No #RedWings practice today, but update on Justin Abdelkader (shoulder): he's out vs. Dallas, doubtful for weekend, but not on IR.

If he's not playing until next week, why is he not going on IR? Very confusing.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Update from yesterday on Abby:

@HeleneStJames
No #RedWings practice today, but update on Justin Abdelkader (shoulder): he's out vs. Dallas, doubtful for weekend, but not on IR.

If he's not playing until next week, why is he not going on IR? Very confusing.

Because they're not going to call someone up regardless, and if they put him on IR, they lock him out of the lineup for a set period of time even if he's healthy enough to play before that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad