Patriots/NFL Wednesday AFTERNOON Football???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Kinda agree with this. Cam’s not perfect but he hasn’t really been the problem either. We’ve just had quite a high bar set for the last 20 years. Whoever was in this position was gonna catch flak

To me the biggest problem has been on defense this year. The play calling was shit on Sunday too.

The Patriots pass offense is better across the board stat wise then Tampa. Think of that.

Reactions: CDJ

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The Patriots pass offense is better across the board stat wise then Tampa. Think of that.

Now this argument I have to hear lol. Considering Brady has 25 Passing TD's Newtons 4, and Brady also having over 2900 yards passing this year to Newtons 1900 I expect some deep diving into the most advanced metrics ever

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

If you want to ignore the INTs you can but they were thrown. There were also a number of dropped passes by Bucs receivers but I expect that you'll ignore that too. Nobody is saying Brady had a great game but at the end of the day it was a 3 point game

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Meant offense not passing offense. But speaking of Brady/Cam. Cam is over 68% comp pct. Brady is at 64%. And a lot of the efficiency stats are very close.

The only thing I’m missing from Brady is him checking out of clearly busted plays at the line. Cam does not do that at all. Everything else though....Cam is a probably a better fit. I wouldn’t want to be 43 years old throwing to Byrd as my 1. We also had that patchwork line for a bit too. Better off with somebody who can make plays with his feet and going run heavy on offense

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm not sure how much I trust the advanced stats after reading that Jakobi Meyers is the 3rd highest rated WR in football.

dudes caught like 76% of the passes thrown his way and gets open by a a considerable margin because he’s a smart route runner, that’ll do it. He’s obviously not the 3rd best in terms of talent and they clearly don’t factor in # of snaps played too much, but he’s emerged as a viable target. Byrd too. They just shouldn’t be trading off as #1’s on a week to week basis on any team

Jakobi has absolutely no YAC ability tho it would appear lol. I don’t care so much as long as he keeps making big catches

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I mean, Brady HAD to know that Arians would do this right? One dimensional offensive game plan, that is the QBs fault when it doesn't work.

Guy is a dope, won't ever win shit as a head coach.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I mean, Brady HAD to know that Arians would do this right? One dimensional offensive game plan, that is the QBs fault when it doesn't work.

Guy is a dope, won't ever win shit as a head coach.

t6Em7Py7GJ1DWuQD8

Google Image Result for https://media.tenor.com/images/69e17cab82068ec8876bb24c8dba6d06/tenor.gif

edit: well that gif didn’t work :laugh:

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
As the resident Bruins HF Boards Bucs fan I have to say that I’ve been satisfied with what Brady has brought to the team. He certainly has showed his age at times this year, but I also think he’s brought a level of confidence and culture to a team that hasn’t had it in a decade of not longer.

That Rams game was a disappointment and those picks were not good, but Fournette had three drops in that game, THREE, that would’ve extended drives. He can’t throw and catch the ball. He’s not immune to criticism, but it isn’t like he won and lost the game himself.

7-4 is fine, this still has them as a 10-6, 11-5 team with their remaining schedule. Has it been perfect? No. Could they have won another game in there (looking at you Chicago)? Yes. Is it better than Jameis and his 34 turnovers last year? Hell yes.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Can advanced stats tell me 4-6 is better than 7-4?
I dont think anyone would argue that they would rather have Brady than Cam, but it was a bit jarring to see how close the two are in most of their efficiency stats and also too see that NE offense has actually been better than Tampas in a lot of areas, giving the massive discrepancy in offensive talent

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
As the resident Bruins HF Boards Bucs fan I have to say that I’ve been satisfied with what Brady has brought to the team. He certainly has showed his age at times this year, but I also think he’s brought a level of confidence and culture to a team that hasn’t had it in a decade of not longer.

That Rams game was a disappointment and those picks were not good, but Fournette had three drops in that game, THREE, that would’ve extended drives. He can’t throw and catch the ball. He’s not immune to criticism, but it isn’t like he won and lost the game himself.

7-4 is fine, this still has them as a 10-6, 11-5 team with their remaining schedule. Has it been perfect? No. Could they have won another game in there (looking at you Chicago)? Yes. Is it better than Jameis and his 34 turnovers last year? Hell yes.

oh trust me, Giselle let us know lol

he’s still a major improvement over Winston and they weren’t that bad with Winston. Definitely playoff caliber, I just wonder how the playoffs will go

Reactions: DiggityDog

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
oh trust me, Giselle let us know lol
Lol I wasn’t going there with it, but it comes with the territory as a QB most praise and criticism.

Having said that, it’s remarkable that they insist on using Fournette in passing situations when he doesn’t have the best hands. ROJO has really elevated his game this year, but again stone hands. They have McCoy but he isn’t reliable either anymore at this stage.

For all the weapons they have, the Bucs do not have that reliable pass catcher in the backfield that a guy like Brady really can connect with to extend drives in short yardage situations.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
If you want to ignore the INTs you can but they were thrown. There were also a number of dropped passes by Bucs receivers but I expect that you'll ignore that too. Nobody is saying Brady had a great game but at the end of the day it was a 3 point game

OK, Brady is terrific at 43 and was at 42 also. He will win the SuperBowl this season if his receivers hang onto the ball or certainly next season once the entire team is on the same page with him. He was so focused he forgot to shake the hand of the opposing QB. He did the same thing with Nick Foles, twice, once when he lost the Superbowl to him and then again this season when he lost to Foles again. Not a big deal.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
OK, Brady is terrific at 43 and was at 42 also. He will win the SuperBowl this season if his receivers hang onto the ball or certainly next season once the entire team is on the same page with him. He was so focused he forgot to shake the hand of the opposing QB. He did the same thing with Nick Foles, twice, once when he lost the Superbowl to him and then again this season when he lost to Foles again. Not a big deal.

Well then I guess then Brady is worse than Paul Crewe. Happy?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

When your bench mark is not throwing 30 picks, anything is better. Though Tom is throwing a lot of picks for him. That said, while its been okay in Tampa rhis season. I think they are definitely underachieving given the talent and where the bar was set before the season. Should be interesting to see how these final handful of games goes.

Also, if they really want to change the culture, they need to get rid of Arians. Not only is his offense style not a great match with Tom, but the dude is a straihht up bozo and takes zero responsibility when this go bad, but wants all the credit when they go right. Publicly throwing Brady under the bus is not going to last either

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I’m sure Arians just suckered Tom in with the promise of great offensive weapons and the ability to throw essentially whenever he wants and he went with it.

just watching Cam, I said it a few weeks ago, my only real bone to pick is that he doesn’t throw in the red. Now if that’s on him or Josh or Bill, no idea but it has definitely cost us the chance to win against Seattle and Buffalo. You need to be able to spread the defense open a bit when it’s that tight and at least have the threat.

wouldn’t be shocked if he is back next year with an added weapon or 2 to help the passing game. I would take a shot on AJ green if the Bengals are ready to get rid of him and the price is cheap. I love the idea of having some deep threats and hopefully Edelman in the slot, along with a QB who can buy time and scamper 20 yards down the field if nothing is there.

the defense, like I mentioned last week, is what I take issue with, and I know they’re dealing with COVID and injuries but that to me is why they’re not able to compete. The Texans game confirmed that for me. I don’t think anyone made a tackle on initial contact. It reminded me of Reggie Bush breaking tackles against fcs schools back in the day. It was ugly.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The only thing I’m missing from Brady is him checking out of clearly busted plays at the line. Cam does not do that at all. Everything else though....Cam is a probably a better fit. I wouldn’t want to be 43 years old throwing to Byrd as my 1. We also had that patchwork line for a bit too. Better off with somebody who can make plays with his feet and going run heavy on offense
Cams game has never really been making those adjustments at the line, etc. Though I would love to see him do more of that. At least slide the protection for his own sake. Between being signed late, having no camp or preseason, and missing some time with covid, i think its a lot to ask him to come in and make those pre snap adjustments.

I did say a few weeks ago though, thst I wouldnt mind them doing the Goff/McVay thing and getting to line before the 15 second headset cut off and have Josh in his ear helping him with pre snap adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad