Patriots/NFL Wednesday AFTERNOON Football???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lame answer from Bill today when Curran asked him about recent drafts. "We're not going to apologize for the last 20 years".

Nobody asked you to Bill.

Such a thin skinned baby. This is how life in sports works when you treat people the way Bill has. You win like they have and you can act like a total dick. But if you go that route, the reporters are waiting for you on the way down. And as sports are cyclical, there will always be a down side at some point.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Such a thin skinned baby. This is how life in sports works when you treat people the way Bill has. You win like they have and you can act like a total dick. But if you go that route, the reporters are waiting for you on the way down. And as sports are cyclical, there will always be a down side at some point.

He has a right to be prickly on this one though. It's been 8 games, they're 3-5. 8 games on the heels of the last 20 years is more indicative of a media member with an axe to grind than actual journalism.

Not to mention they were gutted by the COVID opt outs with a league high 8 opt outs

Hightower
Cannon
Chung
Bolden
Vitale
Marquise Lee
LaCosse
Toran

So they lost their best front 7 player and defensive QB in Hightower, an all pro OL, a pro bowl safety, one of their best special teamers, their only FB, and 3 good depth players.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
The most successful coach in the history of football and people ask these questions? I wouldn’t answer it either. Bill has nothing to prove. He has done it all. I’m just so thankful he has been the coach of my team.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So you can't ask what has gone wrong in the draft in recent years? That's absurd. Tom Curran is a fair reporter. It's not like he was calling for Bill's job.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If he sucked at drafting they wouldn’t have had a 20 year dynasty

he’s had bad picks. Join the club.

Why is this Tiresome discussion now happening In two threads?

I will never understand the need to make this Argument

Brady and Belichick = both great. Like what in f*** could y’all possibly be arguing about at this point, weeks into this???

They have about a billion dollars of dead cap on the book because they sold out the last 5 years to go for it. Just have a shred of patience. FFS

I do not understand the need to discredit greatness on both sides of the sports radio-esque belichick/Brady debate

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
If he sucked at drafting they wouldn’t have had a 20 year dynasty

he’s had bad picks. Join the club.

Why is this Tiresome discussion now happening In two threads?

I will never understand the need to make this Argument

Brady and Belichick = both great. Like what in f*** could y’all possibly be arguing about at this point, weeks into this???

They have about a billion dollars of dead cap on the book because they sold out the last 5 years to go for it. Just have a shred of patience. FFS

exactly. they'll get back Hightower, Cannon, Chung and have 70 mill in cap space going into what promises to be one of the most active offseason for FAs in recent memory

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Tiresome? The Curran/Belichick interaction was today. If you don't like it go read a different thread. Asking a question about recent draft struggles is not an indictment on what Bill has accomplished in 20 years. And just because you were once good at drafting doesn't mean you always will be. Things change. The league changes.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I am plenty patient. It's perfectly legit to question Bill's moves regardless of what he has accomplished while at the same time not calling for him to be fired. He certainly should be given a couple years to rebuild this thing.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Finally, the sold out angle is not entirely true. I am not a cap guru but people have looked into the figures and it's really not true. Having said that, how they got to this point doesn't bother me. You're not gonna have winning seasons for the rest of time. I am not very confident Bill will be able to rebuild it but that's just my opinion. He shouldn't be fired etc. We shall see how it goes.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Um yes its f***ing tiresome that in 2 different football threads we have people comparing and crying about BB/Brady.

Brady is gone

get over it teams success is from both BB and Brady

I didn't say a f***ing word about Tom Brady. Again if you don't like it go read something else.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Tiresome? The Curran/Belichick interaction was today. If you don't like it go read a different thread. Asking a question about recent draft struggles is not an indictment on what Bill has accomplished in 20 years. And just because you were once good at drafting doesn't mean you always will be. Things change. The league changes.

100% discuss away. If you don't like discussing it then dont read it, but whining about people discussing it is lame.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

yes, tiresome. Do you think the “belichick can’t draft” thing has been limited to today??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Again the need to discredit some greatness to prop up other greatness among this fan base is LOL funny. Yes belichick sucks at drafting and was carried by Brady for 20 straight years, sure thing. Yes Brady was a pouty baby who intentionally tanked the team last year, k

Idk why people can’t just accept that we’ve been lucky for 20 years.

I mean they have like $25 mill in dead cap from Brady alone. Pretty sure they have dead cap from AB. They’re using a lot of money for guys to play for the Bucs alone. This argument that they didn’t take a hit in the future to capitalize the last few years is LOL funny when you’ve got (I’m pretty sure) over $30 million in cap hits playing on one singular team in the other conference

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I haven't been in that other thread recently and what I put in this thread has literally zero to do with Tom Brady.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
yes, tiresome. Do you think the “belichick can’t draft” thing has been limited to today??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well I am just commenting on something that happened today. If you don't like it you can ignore.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Again the need to discredit some greatness to prop up other greatness among this fan base is LOL funny. Yes belichick sucks at drafting and was carried by Brady for 20 straight years, sure thing. Yes Brady was a pouty baby who intentionally tanked the team last year, k

Idk why people can’t just accept that we’ve been lucky for 20 years.

I mean they have like $25 mill in dead cap from Brady alone. Pretty sure they have dead cap from AB. They’re using a lot of money for guys to play for the Bucs alone. This argument that they didn’t take a hit in the future to capitalize the last few years is LOL funny when you’ve got (I’m pretty sure) over $30 million in cap hits playing on one singular team in the other conference

I think with regards to Bill, you can judge him two different ways. There's Bill the coach that gets the most out of even sub par players and has done a masterful job over the 20+ years he's been here. Then there's Bill the GM, and that track record is far more spotty and easily questioned. I try to keep them separate because it's not fair to cloud his coaching record with his drafting one and vice versa. It's also not an insult to say he's a far better coach than he is a GM. Those are two very different jobs, and very few in the history of the league were good at both.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Tiresome but you'll take the time to read and respond about how tiresome it is. You do you :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad