Player Discussion Aatu Raty

ghostingtaro

Nov 2, 2013
what do we have in raty is he a 30 point guy? 40 points?

he has yet to play a full season

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Remember him before the 2021 draft, and he was considered one of the contenders for the #1 overall in his draft -1. He had a horrible draft year, absolutely tanked his value. Fell to the 2nd round.

But his draft +1 was excellent, so good that you would be happy if he was drafted in the 1st round.

Almost ppg in the Finland Liga, which is excellent. And had a good U-20 WJC with 10 pts in 7 games for Finland.

This year his draft +2, anyone watched Bridgeport games often can chime in? Looks like from this numbers he is adjusting to the North American game. In the NHL, in the game against the canucks he scored and looked like a young forward with good upside.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Scott Wheeler projects him with the usefully vague "top 9 NHL forward". Here's a blurb from his evaluation (written just a few weeks ago):

He may not become a star, but he’s got pro tools (including size, quick hands, and a decently hard though at times overrated shot). Slowly but surely he has learned to hang onto the puck when necessary and play quick when required. He’s not smart enough to drive a line by himself or make plays when he’s less involved, so linemates will play a factor in his success, but on the whole, and with the right development, I believe he’ll provide value as a No. 52 pick.​

Reactions: Indiana

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Remember him before the 2021 draft, and he was considered one of the contenders for the #1 overall in his draft -1. He had a horrible draft year, absolutely tanked his value. Fell to the 2nd round.

But his draft +1 was excellent, so good that you would be happy if he was drafted in the 1st round.

Almost ppg in the Finland Liga, which is excellent. And had a good U-20 WJC with 10 pts in 7 games for Finland.

This year his draft +2, anyone watched Bridgeport games often can chime in? Looks like from this numbers he is adjusting to the North American game. In the NHL, in the game against the canucks he scored and looked like a young forward with good upside.
The 1st overall hype never materialized. He dropped to the 2nd round for a reason.

He is not really lighting it up in the AHL right now either. This is a B level prospect.

Reactions: biturbo19

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
he was a PPG player in the Liiga at 19 years old, and is putting up alright numbers in his rookie season. Next season will be a much more telling season of what he's capable of.
He's a young player for his draft. Was a true 19 year old in the Liiga, and just turned 20 a few months ago.

He's probably half a year behind other 20 year olds in terms of development, and in addition, his AHL team is not the greatest, so I think his production is about on par with a "good" prospect. He's a safe bet to be a top 9 player as he has size, skating and a defensive mindset.

But I suspect the Canucks braintrust see him as a blue chip prospect, otherwise the trade is a bit meh.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Excited to see him in action. I can see why people are a bit worried about his upside, but I think he steps in as the 3C next year and then we'll see where he ends up.

Reactions: Second Breakfast

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
Would be pleased to see him pods and hog play out the majority of the rest of the year in Abbotsford. If they are playing really well maybe a cup of tea at the end of the year with good minutes.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
He's highly skilled and has a very good release, basically has everything but top-level skating, including good size and strength. He doesn't put it together consistently. He only turned 20 in November. I don't mind this gamble at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad