Player Discussion: Aatu Raty (2021 52nd OA)

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Raty called up again. Cal Cluster "out indefinitely".
Ok so it looks like we are about to go past the 10 game threshold to burn an extra year off Aatu's ELC?
Explained in an article by Stefen Rosner
"Because Räty was 18 when he signed his ELC and did not play a game for the Islanders during the 2021-22 season, his first year slid to this year, known as an Entry Level Slide. And his first year could slide again because he was 19 to start the season. This is the final year his contract can slide, so if the Islanders send him back to Bridgeport after nine games, the Islanders will keep Räty on his ELC until after the 2025-26. Then he becomes a restricted free agent."
So Lou really has no other options at all?
Did he not expect Clutter to go down like this? I mean, I saw this coming.....
Seems like last minute planning, unless we are ready to make an imminent move :sarcasm: YEAH! Right!

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Ok so it looks like we are about to go past the 10 game threshold to burn an extra year off Aatu's ELC?
"Because Räty was 18 when he signed his ELC and did not play a game for the Islanders during the 2021-22 season, his first year slid to this year, known as an Entry Level Slide. And his first year could slide again because he was 19 to start the season. This is the final year his contract can slide, so if the Islanders send him back to Bridgeport after nine games, the Islanders will keep Räty on his ELC until after the 2025-26. Then he becomes a restricted free agent."
Seems like last minute planning, unless we are ready to make an imminent move :sarcasm: YEAH! Right!
Swing your partners 'round and 'round and when the music's over, turn out the lights because the damn party is over

Square dance, Lizzard King and Dandy Don

Imagine what's gonna come out when I get jacked up on imported espresso beans from Italy in a little while!!

• Haha
Reactions: MarsTBOW

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I think the ELC stuff is a little overblown when it's a prospect like Raty who clearly needs time to develop.

Imagine Raty hitting his next contract but not having a breakout year yet. He locks in at a favorable rate and term, then has the breakout year. If that next contract happens at a younger age, as opposed to sliding the ELC, the team would benefit immensely. The opposite can be true if he puts together great seasons beforehand and now you miss out on a cheap year you could've gotten with the slide. It's just a crap shoot.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I don't think the Isles really care about the contract slide.

It feels like we're losing a body every game at the moment.

The team has 4 games in 7 days after losing 8 of 9. What's the roster situation gonna look like if they lose 3 of the four, if not all four?

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad