NFL: Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay? (not anymore?)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe for Camp. Whose the last non-RB to hold out for more than a game check on the tag?
Not sure but he gets hurt a lot, and it’s only so many bullets. Bottom line is don’t make him play for the tag if he wants out.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Maybe for Camp. Whose the last non-RB to hold out for more than a game check on the tag?
Packers management is starting to look like the issue here since it clearly isn’t just Rodgers with issues. I think they should do all they can to make him happy and avoid looking bad to those external.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Based on some of the things that have been reported, Adams is looking for a Hopkins type of deal.

I can understand Green Bay not doing that.

This isn't to suggest that Adams isn't a great player. He is. But Hopkins AAV is more than $5 million more than #2 on the list (Jones).

Hopkins is clearly an outlier and is clearly a case of one team grossly overpaying or overspending. So I can see a team like the Packers not wanting to give a comparable salary.

An example:

If the Dallas Stars had have signed Heiskanen to a $14.5 million per year contract, does that mean the Colorado Avalanche should do the same with Cale Makar?

Yes, Makar is a comparable (some would argue superior) player. But why repeat another team's mistake and foolish spending?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Packers management is starting to look like the issue here since it clearly isn’t just Rodgers with issues. I think they should do all they can to make him happy and avoid looking bad to those external.
Yeah my faith in management is really dropping fast. I get Rodgers can be difficult once he is fixated on something, but also alienating Adams is not a good indication of how they are handling the team's top players.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Its nice to see Rodgers era coming to end (Wish it was this offseason)

But I know Love is just going to win a MVP + SB in future so not much to be happy about as Bear fan in grand scheme of things

From Favre to Rodgers to Love to ? to ?

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
I am unsure on Love. Green Bay needs to empty the clip for this year with the NFC being a bit down compared to the AFC IMO.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

Its nice to see Rodgers era coming to end (Wish it was this offseason)

But I know Love is just going to win a MVP + SB in future so not much to be happy about as Bear fan in grand scheme of things

From Favre to Rodgers to Love to ? to ?

*Rodgers leaves Green Bay*

Bears fans: Hooray!

*Rodgers signs with Minnesota*

Bears fans:...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Its going to pain me to see him leave next year but the dude earned that right. Just really hope we can end this off Last Dance style with another title, last two seasons have ended in gut wrenching fashion.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Its going to pain me to see him leave next year but the dude earned that right. Just really hope we can end this off Last Dance style with another title, last two seasons have ended in gut wrenching fashion.
I wonder what are the odds Green Bay can treat him well to get him to stay. Now I doubt it since Rodgers holds grudges but who knows. Hom returning for at least a year is big though because we need to see where Love is at against real competition. Pre season will be interesting.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I wonder what are the odds Green Bay can treat him well to get him to stay. Now I doubt it since Rodgers holds grudges but who knows. Hom returning for at least a year is big though because we need to see where Love is at against real competition. Pre season will be interesting.

Championship or not, I think hes gone. The reason he came back this year was because he really didn't have any other option. He would have paid a ton of money in fines on top of giving back part of his bonus and just missing out on his salary as is. Plus he didn't leak his anger til the draft so he didn't give other teams much time to put together an offer.

I think he realize he was put into a corner and had 0 options other than retirement. As a football lifer and someone who literally loves the game more than anything, I don't think retiring or sitting out was something he wanted to do. He probably came to grips with the fact that Favre was of a similar age when they drafted him and started grooming him so they're just repeating the process 15 years later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad