Traded Aaron Luchuk and 7th for Matthew Peca

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Wat8.jpg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What a strange deal... he's making 1.3 mil in the minors... we must see some potential to be an NHL player otherwise why make this deal?

I was a huge fan of Mike Peca's game back in the day, so I guess seeing Peca on a sens jersey is kind of cool...

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
What a strange deal... he's making 1.3 mil in the minors... we must see some potential to be an NHL player otherwise why make this deal?

I was a huge fan of Mike Peca's game back in the day, so I guess seeing Peca on a sens jersey is kind of cool...

he will play in the NHL and probably in the AHL playoff.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
real solid move for Belleville especially if we bringing up a center

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

I think that's the deal here. He plays in the NHL and gets caved in while Norris, Brown, Batherson, etc. get to do their thing in Belleville.

I'm probably in the very small minority here, but I actually think Luchuk will eventually become an NHL/fringe player. He works his butt off and is decently skilled at both ends of the rink.

Nothing deal really, other than ensuring Belleville has a good team.

Reactions: NB613

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Double post

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Hahahaha Yup!!!!!!!
Where?? I made a comment about the throw in pick with a sarcastic emoji, that's it, no one else has said anything negative.

But, since you brought up asset management, giving up a pick to have a warm body in the lineup for 20 games, after the player they acquired has been on waivers already is definitely poor asset management. I would have rather save the pick and play Luchuk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hellraising Senator

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Not the end of the world, because I'm assuming it's just to have a (below replacement level) body here between now and the end of the year so that Norris/Bath can stay in the A.

That being said, Luchuk could have done the exact same thing and we'd have kept the pick.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ennis must be returning a 3rd or 4th to make this somewhat worth it. Otherwise might as well just keep him imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad