Aaron Ekblad vs Jacob Trouba

Aaron Ekblad vs Jacob Trouba

• Aaron Ekblad

• Jacob Trouba

Results are only viewable after voting.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I think Ekblad was already an NHL quality player prior to his rookie season and he immediately had a positive impact. It's not often you get a rookie D come in and perform at his level at both ends of the ice even when their ice time and opponents are closely monitored, unlike Ekblads. He was terrific.
It now seems like Ekblad hit NHL ice closer to his full potential than most rookie d-men and didn't enjoy the leaps and bounds in development many others do. He's still a very good player but i think he takes a bit of a knock because he hasn't shown the level of improvement others have which in many cases only brought them even with Ekblad.
I will give Trouba my vote but I honestly don't find it to be a particularly easy decision.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I think Ekblad was already an NHL quality player prior to his rookie season and he immediately had a positive impact. It's not often you get a rookie D come in and perform at his level at both ends of the ice even when their ice time and opponents are closely monitored, unlike Ekblads. He was terrific.
It now seems like Ekblad hit NHL ice closer to his full potential than most rookie d-men and didn't enjoy the leaps and bounds in development many others do. He's still a very good player but i think he takes a bit of a knock because he hasn't shown the level of improvement others have which in many cases only brought them even with Ekblad.
I will give Trouba my vote but I honestly don't find it to be a particularly easy decision.

Could be argued the concussions had something to do with the stall in Ekblad's development. His first year was really damn good. Trouba's just always been a solid defender, albeit one who can be prone to bonehead plays at times. Not really his fault he got saddled up with Mark Stuart for like 3 years of his development.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ekblad is a little bit tofu for me.

He's not shockingly bad by any stretch but he's not taking the wheel either.

I have my qualms about Trouba's ability to defend but I'll take a risky and dynamic defenseman over a milquetoast defenseman.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad